Position: Senior Production and Operations Engineer
Line Manager: Production Manager
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq.
The Company is steadily growing the business through the appraisal and development of our assets in the Kurdistan Region.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com.
This KRI – Erbil - based role will report to the Production Manager, focusing on multiple field developments and operations.
- Leading the production fields operations, production forecasting and sales reporting.
- Interfacing with the EPF Contractors, Drilling, Well-testing and Well Intervention Contractors.
- Developing independently new frameworks, Policies and Procedures and ensures implementation accordingly.
- SOW preparation, tender document preparation, review and evaluate submitted tenders for sub service well intervention, well testing contractors and oil production operations.
- Monitoring of wells and production facilities to ensure optimal plant uptime and availability.
- Well surveillance and intervention planning.
- Prepare intervention program work scopes, and oversee well testing and well down-hole intervention operations with service companies.
- Process parameters (operating envelope) optimisation of wells and production facility.
- Develop Production forecast from the well delivery information.
- Trouble-shooting related issues and optimisation of the wells, production facility and chemical consumption.
- Data collection, production accounting, production and sales reporting (tanker trucking).
- Commissioning & start-up of wells and process facilities and EPF ORR support.
- Reviewing facility operating and maintenance procedures.
- MOC process and management systems.
- Support the preparation of annual operating budgets and fiscally ensure value for money in a cost-conscious environment.
- Operating within Genel Energy core values and HSE ethics.
- Interface closely with the facilities and subsurface engineering teams of Genel, Asset partners, EPF and Service contractors.
- An active engagement is required with the Genel Field Managers and Drilling & Completion Engineers for the preparation of operational readiness and a successful well and EPF start-up of multiple green field locations in 2022-23. During this phase some amount of Field based time is required.
- The candidate shall assume a Senior Production and Operations Engineer support role and shall therefore besides the well related tasks, engage on the daily production operations activities with the EPF operator during the operations phase of several fields. The candidate is responsible for well surveillance & intervention, production optimisation and production operations and some field time is required for supporting vendors, contractors and possible work-over teams.
- Due to the Green Field Development aspect and the Company operating by means of a lean structure, the Candidate is capable of developing independently new frameworks, Policies and Procedures and ensures implementation accordingly.
- The Production and Operations Engineer acts on instructions provided by the Production Manager, Technical Support teams, Project teams and liaises actively with EPF site and Subservice engineering teams.
Skills and Qualification Education:
- Must have a University degree, relevant Oil & Gas Production Engineering, from a recognised educational institution.
- A minimum of 20 years’ experience in upstream oil and gas production operations with extensive onshore experience, ideally in the MENA region.
- Experienced with well performance modelling software, PETEX – Prosper, production reporting systems, Sensia – AVOCET, and reservoir modelling and forecasting software.
- Experienced in project management, preparation of scopes of work for tenders, technical bid evaluations, project risk assessment, contracts coordination and management.
- Experience of working with high levels of H2S and CO2.
- Sensitivity working with different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
- Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Able to work in KRI on a rotation basis.
- Maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers.
- IMT team member
- IWCF Level 4 (Supervisor) Well Intervention Pressure Control is encouraged.
- Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
- Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
- Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
- Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
- Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
- Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
- Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
- Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please submit your application via the link below:
https://apply.workable.com/j/E1C45CA8CE before November 18, 2021.