Axiom International Ltd (Axiom) is a UK-based company with a strong background in delivering a broad range of capacity-building programs across the world. We have been operating in Iraq for over three years, building on a sustainable platform and effective relationships with local suppliers and stakeholders. Our project activities predominantly focus on engagement with local senior officials, as well as high-profile international individuals.
The Senior Operations Coordinator (SOC)’s primary role is to coordinate operational and logistical requirements across the project’s main delivery locations in Baghdad. To do this effectively, the SOC will be required to liaise closely with the project’s technical leads to understand their requirements and engage with the project’s trust supply chain partners to book these requests and ensure the smooth delivery of the project’s activities
Bookings & resource management
- Coordinate with the project’s technical leads on an ongoing basis to understand operational and logistical requirements and map out resources accurately.
- Engage closely with the project’s headquarters (HQ) staff to ensure logistical requirements are raised in a timely manner and resources are available for all bookings. The SOC will also be required to maintain a live tracker of reservations and bookings to be monitored by HQ staff.
- Liaise with the project’s supply chain partners to ensure operational requests are booked in and delivery runs smoothly. This will require accurate purchase orders to be raised and resources to be requested appropriately. Bookings will primarily be made for accommodation, flights (domestic & international), venues, interpretation, translation, catering, and mobile security.
- Manage all local bookings independently with no support from junior staff.
- Review the project’s operating platform on an ongoing basis and update the project’s Health, Safety, and Security (HSS) Lead and HQ staff on any local incidents. The SOC will be required to review the project’s HSS plan to ensure the project’s platform is fit for purpose as per this plan
- Continually review the project’s operating platform and explore opportunities to increase the project’s value for money. To do this effectively, the SOC will be required to liaise closely with existing supply chain partners and negotiate competitive costings, wherever appropriate.
- Manage and supervise the distribution of petty cash to the project’s team. The SOC will be required to maintain up-to-date records of project-related expenditures and update a live petty cash log that is routinely monitored by the project’s HQ staff.
- Responsible for supporting the HQ Project Coordinator with reviewing supplier invoices. This will require the SOC to compare invoices against bookings made and verify costs with suppliers. Justifications for variances in spending will need to be communicated to the HQ Project ManagerAsset management
- Maintain a live asset log of assets located primarily in Baghdad Assets include equipment that will be required by beneficiaries and the project’s team. The SOC will therefore be required to supervise the transfer and handling of assets, in accordance with the Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO)’s procurement rules.
Essential technical skills & experience
- Demonstrable experience of working as a Logistics and/or Operations Coordinator in Baghdad.
- Extensive experience in working on projects funded by institutional donors such as the Department for International Development (DfID) or the FCDO.
- High level of computer literacy with experience in using the Microsoft Office suite, specifically Word, Excel, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Experience in managing and transferring high-value assets on behalf of institutional donors.
- Substantial experience of working with an international team on large-scale projects in IraqEssential personal skills
- Currently based in Baghdad
- Strong communication skills, with fluency in written and spoken English, Kurdish, and Arabic.
- Willingness to travel to project locations in Baghdad.
- Ability to manage a complex and varied workload, organize and prioritize multiple tasks efficiently, manage reactive and proactive work, and deliver tasks to tight deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- A high degree of flexibility and adaptability to respond to ever-changing needs
- Strong team skills, with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
- Trustworthy, reliable, professional, conscientious, and accountable.