MSF Switzerland is looking for Senior Obstetrician Gynaecologists in Nablus Hospital, West Mosul, to implement gynaecological and obstetrician procedures. Furthermore, the job aims at performing any other prior treatment
required, during or immediately after a woman has given birth in order to improve women’s reproductive health and to reduce pregnancy, delivery and neonatology related risks. This will be done in accordance with MSF policies,
protocols and universal hygiene standards and in multidisciplinary collaboration with other medical doctors and midwife services
The candidate will accept and apply MSF principles, values and internal regulations.
Apply MSF protocols and adhere to the rules implemented by MSF within Nablus hospital.
Key tasks as Gynaecologist include:
- Provide emergency gynaecology/obstetric consultations, gynaecology and obstetrics related surgical interventions (C-section, hysterectomy, etc.)
- Ensure the implementation of MSF clinical policies, tools, guidelines and protocols related to gynaecology and obstetrics in order to minimize clinical risk and to extend best reproductive practices.
- In collaboration with other medical colleagues, carry out the collection of quantitative gynaecological data and ensure exhaustive use of management tools in order to improve gynaecological results and to share knowledge among other field specialists.
- Plan and supervise the HR associated processes (training, performance evaluation, development, motivation and build a team work spirit and internal/external communication with other departments or other hospitals in case of referral in coordination with referral doctor) of the gynaecological staff in order to ensure both an efficient sizing and the amount of knowledge required, to improve people’s capabilities and their active participation in influencing the targeted population using preventive practices. This will be done in close coordination with the HR department.
- Ensure the quality and continuity of care for patients (diagnoses, treatments requiring surgery, etc.)
- Understanding and respecting the patients’ dignity, accept them as participants in medical decisions, ethic codes and communications to patients/caretakers on their conditions, possible complications, treatment and follow-up plans and ensure the follow-up of consent of medical information.
- Ensure patients follow up and document their records.
- Contribute to the supervision of the efficient/rational use of end users’ pharmacy operating room and hospital service.
- Maintain a correct channel of communication with both their supervisors as with the rest of the medical staff to assess, plan, provide and integrate care for patients, according to their level of responsibility in every shift as per MSF recommendations.
- Contribute to the supervision of the quality of disinfection and sterilization processes and Infection prevention measures in general.
- Participate in the monitoring and the reporting of gynaecological/obstetrical activities and provide analysis.
Specific requirements for the role:
- Medical doctor degree i.e. MBChB.
- OB-GYN board training certificate
- Completed foundation programme (junior house officer)
- Completed OBGYN residency programme
- Desirable Experience work as senior OBGYN specialist for 1 year
- Desirable Experience working with International NGOs
- Fluency in English and Arabic (speaking and writing)
(knowledge, skills and abilities)
- Preferable management experience as well as training experience
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
- Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs
- Excellent communication skills
- Good level of planning and organizing
- Results, Teamwork, Flexibility, Commitment and Stress Management
- For applicants with foreign certificates, Iraqi recognised state-diploma is required.
- For applicants registered under DOH Ninewa, a non-objection letter should be provided only if the staff is selected and only when he/she will start work with MSF.
- Remuneration in accordance to the Incentive grid;
- The chance to gain professional development and training within an international organisation;
- Working in multi-cultural environment, interacting with international experienced gynaecologists;
- Flexible working schedule fitting DOH working schedule;
- International Training opportunities and: Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics, OB-Point of care Ultrasound, etc.
- Participate actively in scientific research projects in Obstetrics and Gynaecology areas;
- The opportunity to contribute to our objective of saving lives, alleviating suffering and working with those most in need.
How to Apply:
Please send cover letter & CV, Diploma & DoH Card to MSFCH-Mosulwest-Recruitment@geneva.msf.org or hand in your cover letter and CV in the CV box located in Nablus Hospital, West Mosul
Please put “Gynaecologist” on the application.
Do not hand in any CVs produced in shops. They will not be considered. Handwritten CVs and cover letters are acceptable.
In all CVS you need to clearly state your experience by writing the organisation you have worked, the duration of the employment (which year and how long) and description of the job you performed.
We recommend all applicants to write a cover letter containing an introduction of yourself, explaining why you are applying for the position, and explaining why you think you are suitable for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.