To provide primary healthcare consultations in the clinics and support health promotion during outreach activities, in addition to monitor the clinics and support the program. Maintains accurate patient records and provides input to weekly and monthly reports. Participate in the smooth functioning of health facility.
· Coordinate with the Project Coordinator/Health Manager to ensure the clinics are technically well established and make sure the clinics are well organized.
· Represent WV in the health clusters and coordinate with DoH and MoH for medical coordination and make sure WV clinics are match the DoH and MoH standards at least.
· To participate and assist to ensure the quality control of medical facility and implementation of protocols
· To train the medical support staff on medical related subjects
· To participate and assist to planning of patient referral and follow-up after referral
· To provide medical consultation, treatment and follow up as per WHO/MoH diagnosis and treatment guidelines
· He/She will provide regular medical activity reports to the Health & Nutrition Coordinator on a weekly basis, with monthly consolidated reports and plans. He/She will participate and assist in preparation/compilation of project medical data and monthly report
· Assist in ensuring the delivery of health promotion activities.
· To lead, supervise and monitoring to the other medical officers as requested, to ensure the maximum use of their skills and their full and effective participation in project site
· Any other tasks as assigned by Health Coordinator.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
· Trained medical doctor, qualified from recognized medical college/university.
· Experience in primary health care and general practice.
· Previous experience of NGO work.
· Previous experience on administration at the health facilities.
· Experience working with IDPs and conflict affected persons
· Good Kurdish, Fluency in English and Arabic.
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work as part of a team and demonstrate flexibility, motivation, and maturity
· Willingness to work in basic conditions and travel if needed.
· Good knowledge of quality standards and quality controls related to medical practice.
· Ability to work with people who exhibit signs of psychosocial trauma.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.