Position: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Report to : Construction Manager
Working days: every day In Camp ( Rotation- 1 month work/2 days’ vacation)
Location : Chamchamal Area
Minimum Experience: 15 minimum years’ experience in site supervision.
Iraqi Kurdish candidate only (preferable from Chamchamal Area
We are looking for a skilled, self-motivated, and dependable Senior Mechanical Engineer with a proven record of excellent project delivery to lead several company projects. Responsibilities include coordinating different teams, designing, and developing engineering systems and quality assurance tests, building prototypes, maintain relationships with clients, vendors, as well as staff, working alongside other professionals to ensure deadlines are met, liaising with external stakeholders, attending meetings, using CADD software to produce detailed designs, ensuring all projects remain within budgetary and time constraints, and compiling reports for the board of directors.
To be successful, you should keep abreast of developments in your field and outside of your discipline, be curious, well-organized, and have strong management skills, be a highly creative individual with an ability to develop innovative solutions to our clients' problems. Exceptional candidate should constantly be upskilling themselves, and be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously, be able to communicate their technical ideas in a clear manner, both visually and verbally, and will be able to anticipate problems and develop appropriate contingency measures.
- Analyzing project specifications, developing work schedules, and delegating tasks to different teams.
- Analyzing problems and coming up with designs to solve them.
- Networking and collaborating with other engineers and professionals.
- Completing blueprint designs using CAD software and making appropriate adjustments once the client and other engineers have seen them.
- Developing design prototypes.
- Ensuring that all processes are confirming with the health and safety regulations of Interno and the country.
- Supervising staff and site works and making appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborating with other engineers and technical personnel to develop instructional and training manuals where required.
- Conducting research on field developments and networking with other engineers and professionals.
- Liaising with clients and writing up reports to present to shareholders and other relevant parties.
- Ensuring that each project stays within the allocated budget and timeframe.
- Scheduling meetings and training sessions when necessary.
- Ensuring that staff remain motivated by implementing feasible incentives and regular team-building sessions.
- Designing, maintaining, implementing, or improving electrical instruments, facilities, components, equipment products, or systems for industrial, commercial, or domestic purposes.
- Working within the budget to deliver safe and efficient work on time.
- Allocating resources and time effectively.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders.
- Attending meetings and providing input and updates.
- Analyzing data to write up reports.
- Communicating with staff, directors, and clients.
- Designing, and installing components that fulfill requirements.
- Analyzing problems or deficiencies and developing solutions to resolve them.
- Conducting experiments and evaluations to improve and innovate product designs.
- Estimating budgets and time scopes for each project.
- Writing technical documentation for machine operators.
- Ensuring that products meet compliance regulations.
- Collaborating with project managers and other engineers in our team.
- Travel is necessary to visit sites and staying on the project for a designated duration.
- Working hours are typically standard office hours, but strict deadlines mean longer hours, weekends and being on-call are all possible and expected.
- Bachelor'sdegree in Mechanical Engineering, (Master's and PhD are preferred)'
- Licensed as a Professional Engineer'
- Relevant certifications, registrations, and licenses may be required.
- Extensive experience working on engineering projects'
- 15 years of experience.
- proven experience in camp construction (200 men and above), residential complexes.
- Superior computer skills, with solid experience in CAD, CAM, and Matlab/LabView programs.
- Previous project management experience is recommended'
- Strong leadership, organizational, and time management skills'
- Superb creativity, vision, analytical and problem-solving skills'
- The ability to motivate staff.
- Excel lent i nterpersonal s kills a nd self-confidence.
- A positive attitude and willingness to work overtime if required'
- Additional courses in Mathematics, Physical Science or Design, are an advantage.
- Ability to make decisions in high-stress situations.
- Great written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity and a growth mindset.
- Ability to run tests, simulations and analyze test data'
- Ability to write clear and comprehensive technical documentation.
- Highly analytical mind, with exceptional problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office'
- Proficient in Primavera.
- Fluent in English.