First Quantum Capital (FQC) based in Erbil is looking for a Senior Lawyer who will work fulltime as in-house counsel under FQC Legal Department and be based in Erbil/Iraq.
A brief job description of the position and preferred qualifications for the suitable candidates are defined below:
- Providing all FQC&Daax Goup companies with legal support and assistance in legal concerns, notably Labor Law, Enforcement Law, Commercial Law, Contract Law and Administration Law in Iraq including local KRG rules and regulations.
- Advise on day-to-day commercial transactions and business undertakings.
- Drafting, negotiating and preparing all types of agreements, contracts and other legal documents.
- Representing all FQC&Daax Group companies in litigation and any legal proceedings in Iraq.
- Conducting necessary legal correspondence with courts / legal enforcement offices and all other public enterprises.
- Conducting all contacts with outsourced lawyers.
- Monitor changes and developments in the legal and regulatory environment within the territory of KRG and/or Iraq, advise management and develop appropriate strategies.
- Preparing necessary reports to FQC&Daax Corporation Legal Department regarding above mentioned responsibilities.
- Support any audit process where needed and coordinate with other relevant stakeholders and functions in taking practical remediation measures.
- Over 10 years of legal counseling/lawyer experience in business environment
- Fluent In English & Arabic (including writing at professional level) (and Turkish considered as asset)
- Overall broad legal knowledge (corporate law, litigations, contracts and labor law, etc) in Iraq
- Dealing with external parties (regulators, external counsels, politicians, clients)
- In-depth understanding of how legal issues affect organizations
- Ability to develop legal strategy and objectives
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Excellent judgement and communication skills
- Ability to anticipate and being proactive legal issues or risks
- Flexible to travel - BS degree in Law and licensed lawyer to work in Iraq.