Position Title: Senior Drilling Rig Supervisor
Line Manager: In-country Drilling Manager
Genel Energy Plc is an Anglo-Turkish exploration and production company with a focus on the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. We are one of the largest London listed independent oil producers, primarily through our interest in the Tawke Production Sharing Contract, which contains the world-class Tawke field and promising Peshkabir discovery. Our growth aspirations are supported by a robust balance sheet and strong cash flow generation, with the latter enhanced following a 2017 agreement with the KRG to settle historical receivables. The Genel Drilling Department is taking a long-term view toward developing a performance drilling team to optimize drilling efficiency and drive down trouble time and costs in very challenging drilling environments. The Senior Drilling Rig Supervisor will play a key role in liaising with the performance drilling team to improve drilling operations and significantly reduce NPT.
Key Accountabilities (Bold indicate the key initial assignments).
- Start up in-country drilling planning operations.
- The position actively manages the rig location and requires extensive time spent walking the rig, standing next to the driller during specific operations, and reviewing the equipment status and condition for upcoming rig activities. If the candidate prefers to spend most of their time sitting in the company man’s office, then do not apply for this position.
- Assist the in-country drilling personnel with managing the existing inactive wells.
- Visit in-country the drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their capability and equipment condition during the tendering activities.
- Provide third party engineering QaQC for well engineering planning conducted in the London and Ankara offices.
- Daily monitor and review the JV partner drilling activities (DDRs, etc) and ensure their best practices and learnings are captured and implemented into Genel drilling planning and operations.
- Work with the Head of Drilling to develop a world class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement.
- Assist Subsurface, HSE, Civil works, and other Departments with start-up activities.
- Fluent in English.
- Must have very good writing skills.
- IWCF or IADC Well Control. Drilling, Completion, Workover, Snubbing, etc preferred.
- Ten plus years of Drilling, Completion, Workover & Well Test experience.
➢ A tleast 5 years as a driller, roughneck, etc.