Position Title: Senior Drilling QaQc Supervisor for Vendors
Line Manager: In-country Drilling Manager
Location: Service Companies in Kurdistan
Genel Energy Plc is an Anglo-Turkish exploration and production company with a focus on the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. We are one of the largest London listed independent oil producers, primarily through our interest in the Tawke Production Sharing Contract, which contains the world-class Tawke field and promising Peshkabir discovery. Our growth aspirations are supported by a robust balance sheet and strong cash flow generation, with the latter enhanced following a 2017 agreement with the KRG to settle historical receivables. The Genel Drilling Department is taking a long-term view toward developing a drilling team to optimize drilling efficiency and drive down trouble time and costs in very challenging drilling environments. The Senior Drilling QaQc Supervisor overseeing the vendor QaQc will play a key role in liaising with the drilling team to improve drilling operations and significantly reduce NPT. The key responsibilities are to visit the vendors and ensure they are fully complying with their own internal QaQc processes and Genel QaQc requirements. Also witness tool failures when vendor is disassembling the equipment to find the root cause for failure. Witness the make-up of tools and tangibles as required. AT times may provide QaQc support at the rig site as required.
Key Accountabilities (Bold indicate the key initial assignments).
- Assist with the Start up in-country drilling and workover operations with QaQc of vendors equipment and services.
- The position actively manages the service companies QaQc and requires extensive time spent reviewing the equipment status and condition for upcoming rig activities.
- May involve a visit to in-country drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their QaQc capability and equipment condition during the tendering activities, or after the contracts awarded.
- Provide QaQC input for well planning conducted in the London and Ankara offices.
- Work with the Head of Drilling to develop a world class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement to minimize QaQc issues.
- Supervise the daily QaQC drilling, workover, well test, and completion operations.
- Daily review the QaQc activities and prioritize tasks with Drilling Manager, Superintendent, or Rig Supervisors.
Significant industry training courses.
Job Knowledge, Skills and Work Experience
Must have very good writing skills and develop a high quality complete QaQc interim reports when
problems encountered, and a Final Report as required.
Ten plus years of Drilling, Completion, Workover QaQc experience.