Genel Energy Plc is an Anglo-Turkish exploration and production company with a focus on the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. We are one of the largest London listed independent oil producers, primarily through our interest in the Tawke Production Sharing Contract, which contains the world-class Tawke field and promising Peshkabir discovery. Our growth aspirations are supported by a robust balance sheet and strong cash flow generation. The Genel Drilling Department is taking a long-term view toward developing a performance drilling team to optimize drilling efficiency and drive down trouble time and costs in very challenging drilling environments. The senior drilling engineer in Kurdistan will work close with the London Drilling Team and the daily rig operations to develop and implement the Drilling Programs (Drilling, Workovers, Plug and Abandonments, Completions, Well Tests, etc) while pursuing performance drilling and reducing NPT.
Key Accountabilities (Bold indicate the key qualifications for initial assignments)
- Review key offset information (DDRs, mud logs, bit records, etc) and develop a drilling issues plan with mitigations previously used and proposed.
- Assist the in-country drilling personnel with managing the existing inactive wells. Develop a plan for what is required to ensure well safety and monitor the inactive wells.
- Conduct a detailed drilling fluid study with the existing mud companies in Kurdistan to optimize the drilling fluids recommendation.
- Assist with designing and implementing the MPD to be used during the upcoming drilling campaign.
- Visit in-country the drilling rig contractors and service companies to assess their capability and equipment condition.
- Provide third party engineering QaQC for well engineering planning conducted in the London and Ankara offices.
- Work with the Performance Drilling concepts to develop a world class performance drilling team with goals for annual performance improvement.
- Numerous other projects as directed.
- Provide 24/7 drilling engineering support for Sarta and Qara Dagh drilling programs.
- Show strong HSE leadership during the well engineering planning and execution phases.
- Follow up of the performance of the well with respect to established KPIs and develop recommendations for operational improvement. Track service company performances and review reports of non-conformance events.
- Review technical scope of works for contracting drilling and workover engineering planning.
- Support and organize peer assists, technical reviews, DWOPs, CWOPS, TWOP, Spud meetings, BARs, AARs, etc.
- Review annual drilling and completion and testing plans and budgets. Assist to generate scoping costs and AFEs.
- B.S. Engineering Degree (Petroleum Preferred)
- Significant industry training courses
- Current Well Control Certificate