Reporting to Head of Digital and Director of Communications
About the role
As the Senior Content Strategist, this position will liaise with clients and internal teams to help devise and deliver content-led digital strategies that will support and promote the campaigns.
- Involvement in the lifecycle of project-related campaigns, consistently bringing to the table new ideas and knowledge from a social media perspective
- Developing insights through social listening and online engagement, which will enable you to execute and promote interesting and thought-provoking content based on our editorial guidelines and strategic objective
- Engaging with online communities and carry out research in order to then present your findings and improve two-way communications
- Producing detailed content calendars and delivery plans that lead to improved engagement, using various methods such as new content development, content curation, and commissioning
- Developing and implementing innovative SEO and PPC strategies and campaigns to ensure content is correctly directed at target audiences.
- Monitoring, measuring and optimizing social media activity and web traffic, identifying successful activity to maximize engagement and conversion
- Preparing weekly reports to present progress of activities against plans and project KPIs
- Collating research findings and presenting to internal teams including the creative and campaign teams
- Managing day-to-day campaign activities, working to optimize them in order to hit KPIs
- Proven experience in a similar role and demonstrable experience in implementing creative content strategies for a range of social media platforms with an analytical approach and strong editorial judgment
- Fast-Paced agency background is desirable
- Passionate about using ideas, skills, storytelling innovations and networks to drive positive social change
- Excellent planning and management skills
- Good with people and able to foster co-operative, positive working relationships within the digital team and with other teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Arabic and a good level of English too – Kurdish is desirable but not essential.
- Have an understanding of/experience with analytics tools e.g. Google Analytics, SEO, Facebook / Twitter / YouTube analytics and PPC techniques and tools
- Up to date on the latest technologies, trends, and tools Key Performance Indicators (how is success defined for this role? What are the criteria to be ‘meeting expectations’…)
- Ability to deliver successful and impactful campaigns based on our editorial guidelines and strategic objective
- Ability to deliver an ambitious set of digital KPIs through organic and paid-promotion
- Ability to work with peers, junior and senior members of our team to deliver the best possible campaigns
- Ability to present innovative ideas and digital interventions based on insights, data, and research