Job Title: Senior Accountant
Purpose of the Position
Establishes financial status by developing and implementing systems for collecting, analyzing, verifying, and reporting financial information; managing operational costs.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Prepares and maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Achieves accounting operational objectives by contributing accounting information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meets accounting financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms financial status by monitoring revenue and expenses; coordinating the collection, consolidation, and evaluation of financial data; preparing special reports for Senior Management.
- Guides other departments by researching and interpreting accounting policy; applying observations and recommendations to operational issues.
- Maintains financial security by establishing internal controls.
- Avoids legal challenges by understanding current and proposed legislation; enforcing accounting regulations; recommending new procedures.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Manage the company’s foreign vendor’s payments and reconciliations
- Maintain banking relationships, including any necessary reporting for financial purposes.
- Comply with local and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks.
- Asses and recommend services and products to Senior Management for improving accounting system.
Skills and qualification:
- BSc. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics
- Must have 6 year’s relevant experience at an international or multinational organization.
- Experience with financial statement preparation, auditing, payroll and/or financial planning and reporting
- Detailed oriented and work well within a team
- Strong Microsoft Office skills - Word, PowerPoint, Access, and especially Excel. ERP skills required
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate in English at professional level, Kurdish and Arabic is a plus
- Proven results through previous experience and a “can do” and positive attitude