The senior accountant is responsible for handling all accounting operations within the company, verify financial records and transactions, and monitor the accounting team. You must have keen attention to detail and maintain account balances, financial statements, general ledger, and all reports.
General Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Record FastPay merchant, agent, reseller and distributor entries
- Record all FastPay non-cash entries (on accrual basis)
- Follow up with Sub distributors, SRs and Key accounts by updating their AR balance.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts, preparing a trial balance, and reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information and preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Reconciling all financial data being entered in the accounting system
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors.
- Keep physical record of all financial information.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the daily banking requirements
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Manage the monthly, quarterly and annual closing.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Oversee and manage the general accounting functions, including, but not limited to: accounts payable, accounts receivable, general ledger, and taxes
- Manage accounting assistants and bookkeepers
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Graduation in Accounting and Finance, having minimum experience of 3-4 years.
- Strong working knowledge and Good ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Excellent communication, Fluent spoken and written English and Kurdish and Arabic is plus.
- Consistent, accurate, and thorough with an eye for details & Exceptional organizational skills and aptitude for numbers
- Able to thrive in a deadline-driven environment, able to motivate the team and lead by example