Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability.
Long-term Local Professional, Cooperating Country National
Reporting and location:
This position will report to the Security and Risk Management Director. The position is based in Baghdad, Iraq.
- Uses and builds on own networks and other information sources to support information collection and reporting for all geographic areas in which the program is operating or considering entering
- Establishes and builds on positive working and information exchange networking with Iraqi security authorities, advising Chief of Party (COP), OTI and security team on appropriate interlocutors to obtain documentation and authorization, or resolve problems. With operations staff, suggest optimal methods to resolve licensing, vehicle checkpoint issues, and risk management issues with local authorities
- Assists the security and risk management director to provide routine and ad hoc analysis and reporting to the senior management team and other stakeholders
- Supports security and risk management director in oversight of security operations controls, such as journey management, vehicle and personnel tracking, control of mobile security teams, and office security processes
- Provides or assists with provision of security briefings and training to local and international staff
- Maintain and inventory first aid kits, fire equipment, communications hardware, etc.
- Serves as main point of contact and liaison with Joint Crisis Coordination Center and Joint Coordination and Monitoring Center, assisting leadership with registration, coordination, and permissions necessary to allow staff safe access to areas of operation
- Advises the security team on cultural issues as they relate to security policies and procedures, identifying solutions and helping disseminate information to national staff
- Provides administrative and coordination support during crises or incidents.
- Assist the program and operations teams with informal reference checks, interviews
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in management or other relevant field preferred but must have qualifications that demonstrate the applicant has strong academic ability.
- A minimum of four years of experience interacting with the Iraqi government across a range of departments and ministries
- A minimum of four years of experience working with international organizations and one year of experience working with USAID implementing partners preferred
- Sound working knowledge of appropriate government protocols, processes, and procedures for either Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI) or federal Iraq ministries and central government ministries
- Technical qualifications in security, safety and risk management preferred
- Demonstrated intellect, maturity, demeanor, and character to effectively interact with all levels of the government and business communities, and to effectively represent the program in this context
- Demonstrated honesty, integrity, and moral standards to be entrusted with proprietary and confidential business and security information
- Demonstrated understanding of the cultural sensitivities involved in working with such a diverse region with multiple components of the Iraqi spectrum
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good, strong
- Demonstrated experience using Excel and Word, as well as managing databases and organizing significant amounts of information
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic, Kurdish, and English required; other local language proficiency is preferred, but not required
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-07
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 10 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only: