Position title: Security & Liaison Manager
Base: based in Baghdad with frequent movements to Diyala & Anbar governorates
Line management: Reports to the Field Coordinator with functional links to the Mission Representative and Advisor based in Erbil. Position is direct line management of the Security Guards
Global objective of the position:
Based in Baghdad, the liaison and security manager will be in charge of keeping relations with main stakeholders, analyzing the evolution of the political and security context and managing the security systems and procedures in its area of coverage. He will assist the Field Coordinator in the definition and implementation of security policies and procedures for security including daily context monitoring, the daily tracking of staff movements, and ensuring the understanding and respect of security policies and procedures by all staff members.
Roles and responsibilities:
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Coordination, networking and representation
- Establish/maintain network of contacts with local authorities in order to obtain/cross-check relevant information and facilitate passage/access to HI’s field teams
- Establish and develop a network of local key informants to collect up to date information on context evolutions and potential security threats
- Upon request, participate in external meetings with local stakeholders and authorities.
- Facilitate meeting between local stakeholders and the management team and ensure oral translation during meetings if needed.
- Upon request, participate in security meetings of NGOs, UN organizations, and other stakeholders.
- Security Management
- Assist the Field Coordinator for carrying out security assessments as requested, including road security clearance, external meeting venues, and intervention sites
- Assist the Field Coordinator for developing and reviewing appropriate security policies and procedures
- Follow-up and anticipate need or renewal of access-related documentation
- Coordinate weekly security meetings among the field staff
- Brief HI staff on the security policies and procedures and monitor their respect
- Conduct regular security trainings including Violent Environment Preparedness, Vehicle Safety and movement SOPs
- Validate and track movements of HI staff on a daily basis
- Internal communication/Reporting
- Actively participate in weekly coordination meetings
- Collect and share immediate information on any security incident with direct impact on HI staff and/or operations, report and follow-up on any changes of context potentially impacting operations
- Report to Field Coordinator any breach of security policies and procedures
- Provide Field Coordinator with a monthly Security Report, including follow-up on trends and indicators.
- Collect and archive all information and documentation with the utmost accuracy and confidentiality
- HR Management & Support Services
- Prepare, follow and update of Security Guards work roster/Schedule(s)
- Share on timely fashion the HR / Log / Admin documents (Leave request, Attendance sheet, daily worker request, appraisals etc)
- Coordinate closely with logistics services in regards to the security of movements and the premises.
- Upon request, accompany team members during field visits or meeting
- Translation and interpretation as requested
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
Required skills and competencies:
- Experience of a minimum of 3 years with NGOs or international organizations in a similar field
- University Degree in a relevant field
- Good knowledge/previous work experience in Diyala and/or Anbar governorate and ability to travel on a regular basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication, both in English and Arabic
- Strong analytical, reporting and networking skills
- Excellent computer skills with high proficiency in using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs
- High level of interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly developed cultural awareness and ability to work well in a diverse, international environment
- Well-organized and able to plan work accordingly
- Demonstrated ability to establish harmonious and effective working relationships, both within and outside the organization
The working hours are the following:
Sunday till Thursday, from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
23rd May 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-SLM–508
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted