Position Title: SCM Manager
Line Manager: Head of Business Services
Genel Energy is an independent E&P company listed on the main market of the London Stock Exchange Headquartered in London with offices in Ankara, Erbil, Morocco & Somaliland, Genel is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest holder of reserves and resources in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The SCM Manager role will report to the Head of Business Services. The purpose of this role is to provide effective leadership to the KRI SCM team, including C&P and logistics and Materials Management. For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com
- Lead the KRI SCM team, including C&P and Logistics and Materials Management
- Responsible for management of Operations tender process and associated approvals
- Represent Genel at a senior management level with external stakeholders including government departments
- Develop and strengthen the capability of the KRI SCM team, through the progressive use of personal development and succession planning.
- Provide timely feedback and appraise the individual’s performance on an informal ongoing basis, and annually on a formal basis.
- Direct SCM in delivering value to the business and mitigation of risk through the contracting and procurement lifecycle including effective planning, sourcing and contract management.
- Lead Logistics and Inventory Management in strategic delivery of safe, efficient and effective services to the business.
- Assure compliance across the BU in adherence to Genel Energy KRI procedures, JVA, PSC and Local and International Law, and support all internal and external business audit requirements.
- Deliver effective supplier performance management.
- Continuously monitor SCM performance against agreed KPIs.
- Identify and develop opportunities to encourage the use of local suppliers for goods and services.
- Manage the development of supply chain strategies to meet business requirements which maximise and protect value.
- Actively seek opportunities to drive cost reduction and savings in all aspects of company spend.
- Provide clear, coherent and effective supply chain management processes from requisition through to contract close out.
- Significant proven oil and gas contracting experience of more than 10 years.
- Formulation and negotiation experience of a cross section of complex contracts in Exploration and Operating environments.
- Substantive exposure to all disciplines within the supply chain –experience should
- include knowledge of Contracting & Procurement, Materials Management and Operational
- Logistics (Transportation & Warehousing).
- Strong legal and commercial acumen.
- International exposure within an oil and gas operating environment.
- The following academic qualifications are advantageous:
- o Degree in a business, engineering or management related subject.
- o CIPS / RICS professional certification.
- Formulating, evaluating and negotiating complex contracts.
- Handling of multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good analytical skills.
- Fluent English language and numeracy skills.
- High level of competency with the Microsoft suite of applications
- Internally the candidate will be expected to work supportively and actively collaborate with all disciplines and functions whether in London, Ankara or at any Genel Energy locations in the KRI.
- External interaction with Government and Regulatory authorities as well as suppliers and contractors
- Works independently with a minimal level of supervision and knows when to seek support.
- Active contributor to the decision-making process, able to deliver against agreed actions when decisions are made.
- Treats others with respect and acts with integrity.
- Engages with and contributes to the local community
(Kindly mention SCM Manager in the subject of your E-mail)