Responsible for ensuring that operation and maintenance activities in the plant are being performed without endangering any person’s health and safety. They commonly work with management to identify hazards, develop plans to mitigate those hazards, and implement these plans on an ongoing basis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Supervise the overall health and safety matters of employees, contractors, and visitors in the power plant.
· Make sure that all employees are wearing sufficient PPE as per their job profile and report to PM in case of any disputes.
· Perform routine safety monitoring duties according to instructions and requirements from the Safety Procedure.
· Stop any activity in areas where hazardous conditions are suspected.
· Understand and communicate the Safety Policy to all departments.
· Make sure that all employees have read, understood, and are responsible for the safety rules and their proper application.
· Responsible for coordinating the Safety Induction Procedure for new personnel.
· Make sure that the First Aid Equipment is maintained and available at all times and ensure that all employees are familiar with the placing and the use of the equipment.
· Conduct periodical safety and firefighting training classes: Train personnel on the use of safety gears, safety awareness, and plant safety policies and keep documented information
· Carry out site surveys at least once a week to ensure that safe working methods are in operation.
· Responsible for issuing/collecting and following up on the different safety-related reports.
· Investigate accidents and write necessary reports with recommendations on preventing recurrence.
· Oversee that one safety meeting is conducted every month with the active participation of shift personnel (operations), maintenance personnel, Warehouse representatives, Plant chemists, and representatives from all departments at all levels and record the minutes of meetings.
· Lead the safety committee meeting and attend site meetings where safety is on the agenda.
· Suggest amendments to the Safety Programme in cooperation with the Plant Manager.
· In co-operation with the Plant Manager, draw up a "Plan of Procedure" to perform an Emergency Evacuation of the facility.
· Make sure that all employees are informed about the various potentially dangerous parts of the facility and shall regularly keep informed about any changes of the same.
· Help maintain plant safety supplies and documentation.
· Flexible attitudes towards shift work with changing work hours caused by shift rotation or overtime.
· Degree: Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Fire & Safety, Environment Engineering. Master’s degree is a plus.
· Language: Fluent in English both written and verbal.
· Experience: Practical experience with HSE management systems, reporting, and audit procedures in power plants. Conversant with safety standards and norms.
· Technical Knowledge: Experience with computer systems
· Certification: Certified Internal or Lead Auditor from IRCA or equivalent.