Led by a powerful purpose to simplify and improve lives in the Middle East, North Africa and Pakistan, Careem is pioneering the development of innovative services to aid the mobility of people, the mobility of things and the mobility of money.
We are in the driving seat as we help to define how technology will shape progress in some of the fastest-growing countries in the world. Our teams are building tech to meet the needs of the future in areas including data and AI, e-commerce, technology-enabled logistics, maps, identity, and fintech.
We’re well placed to solve complex and meaningful challenges at scale, with deep tech expertise, strong regulatory relationships, a local presence, and increasingly specialised global teams which are structured to operate as autonomous start-ups. Our team of over 400 engineers and developers are empowered to develop cutting-edge technology every day.
Careem was established in July 2012, became a wholly-owned subsidiary of Uber Technologies, Inc. in January 2020, and today operates in over 100 cities across 12 countries.
Do you want to help build a world-class institution from the region, experience the thrill of being part of a high-growth technology company, and improve people's lives?Founded in 2012 by former entrepreneurs and McKinsey alumni, Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 100+ cities across 12 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent sale to Uber, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2022.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The purpose of the Safety & Security Officer (Iraq) is to take ownership of physical security measures, drive security programs and support our aim of making Careem the safest form of vehicular transport throughout our network. This role will report to the Senior Safety & Security and work very closely with the Project Manager and Regional Security Managers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Support the Senior Safety & Security Manager with the design, implementation and ongoing management of physical security measures, processes and systems including:
Office safety & security measures
Travel security program
Law Enforcement Liaison
- Drive the implementation of safety & security initiatives and measures across our footprint in collaboration with country and city stakeholders
- Support the set up and running of the Safety & Security Operations team and be its subject matter expert in incident management actions, response and escalation protocols
- Ensure continuous process improvement by designing, implementing and maintaining audit programs
- Recommend innovative solutions to safety & security challenges
- Lead investigations into safety and/or security related issues and complaints including supporting the anti-fraud team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative. Additional qualifications include:
- At least 3 years of experience in a corporate security / safety context and 4 – 6 years in a law enforcement, military or intelligence environment
- The candidate must have hands-on experience of designing, implementing and auditing premises’ physical & electronic security systems and measures; travel security programs and incident management principles and response
- Experience in investigations and/or anti-fraud is highly desired
- Project management experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experience within operations and safety is desired
- Educated to undergraduate level or equivalent
Careem is a super fast-paced multi-cultural environment and the ideal candidate should have demonstrable skills and the personality to drive rapid impact. Other desired skills include:
- Problem solving
- Working to tight deadlines
- Proven organizational & project management experience
- Willingness to respond to out-of-hours issues, if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel and Word) is necessary
- Strong communication & presentation skills to engage and influence stakeholders and leadership
What we’ll provide you
In addition to a competitive long-term total compensation with salary and equity, we have a reward philosophy that expands beyond this.
As a Careem colleague you will be able to:
- Be part of a Remote-First organisation
- Work from any country in the world for 60 days a year
- Use Unlimited Vacation days throughout the year
- Access fitness reimbursements for health activities including: gym, health club and training classes.
- Work and learn from great minds
- Create impact in a region with untapped potential
- Explore new opportunities to learn and grow every day