As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world. The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help refugees, internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. In addition, GIZ has adopted a holistic approach to help improve the country’s economic policy framework. It also promotes the employment and economic prospects for young Iraqis. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in central Iraq. In order to ensure that Iraqis have better access to public services in future, GIZ is also supporting the decentralisation of the Iraqi administration. The aim is to improve organisational structures and work processes at various administrative levels.
Promoting and fostering national, regional and local dialogue among all Iraqi parties and groups with the aim of establishing a pathway forward for the country is a goal set out by the Iraqi government. GIZ aims to support those processes through the PDP-“Promotion of Dialogue and Participaiton“ project. Aside from establishing platforms for dialogue between government officials, civil society, the private sector and other relevant stakeholders, the project also aims to enhance the Iraqi capacities for evidence-based dialogue through the strengthening of Iraqi research institutes and local Civil Society Organisations
- Responsible for designing, managing, and documenting small project in coordination Civil Society Organisations (CSO)
- Support the Head of Project and team in developing a coherent project strategy and advises on strategic questions in regard to CSO and governmental institutions
- Develops documentations in terms of reports, studies, presentation and minutes of meeting in highly professional English and Arabic
- Responsible for conducting training events, workshops, forums and other project activities
- Will help to conceptualize activities, write Terms of References, prepare agreements
- Develops and maintains contact and good flow of communication with all important stakeholders and implementation partners especially with CSO/NGOs and affiliated authorities and networks with the goal of establishing a strong network
- Identifies relevant stakeholders and helps to identify the needs of CSO/NGOs
- Assist in monitoring the results of the project in accordance with the standard GIZ M&E schemes and prepare reports and publication material about the project
- Represents the project and its activities in coordination with the line manager
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts.
Other Knowledge, additional competencies
- At least 10 years’ professional experience in a comparable position e.g. management of project with CSO and Iraqi Government
- Strong managerial and organisational competence. Ability to work independently
- Fluency in professional Arabic and English (written and spoken) is necessary.
- Great network to governmental organisation and CSO
- Great diplomatic and social skills are expected
- Master’s degree in political or social science, economics or any other relevant field
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PDP22-080) Rule of law, Democracy, Good Governance Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered