About GIZ and GIZ Iraq
As a service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, we are dedicated to shaping a future worth living around the world.
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH has been working in Iraq since 2014 and has maintained a country office in Baghdad since 2018. On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), the Federal Foreign Office (AA) and the European Union (EU), GIZ is working on the three priority areas in Iraq. GIZ offers support in Iraq to help internally displaced people and host communities improve their living conditions. Here, the aim is to promote social cohesion, create income opportunities and revitalise the local economy. These measures are being implemented in the autonomous region of Kurdistan and in Federal Iraq.
About the project
Promoting and fostering national, regional and local dialogue among all Iraqi parties and groups with the aim of establishing a pathway forward for the country is a goal set out by the Iraqi government. GIZ aims to support those processes through the PDP-“Promotion of Dialogue and Participaiton“ project. Aside from establishing platforms for dialogue between government officials, civil society, the private sector and other relevant stakeholders, the project also aims to enhance the Iraqi capacities for evidence-based dialogue through the strengthening of Iraqi research institutes and local Civil Society Organizations
- Management of all activities related to output 3 of the PDP project:” The overall conditions for inclusive dialogue and participation are improved”
- Coordination and moderation of the Technical Working Group on Dialogue and Participation as well as monitoring and communication of results to stakeholders
- Facilitation of a National Strategy for Dialogue and Participation and supporting the sustainability of achievements of the PDP project
- Provision of inputs to the PDP knowledge management and lessons leaned
- Establishing and maintaining networks with Iraqi stakeholders and analyse their contributions
- Supporting the capacity development of stakeholders
- 10 years of experience in a comparable position
- Experience in working with government institutions and CSO in Iraq
- Sound understanding of the political and social environment in Iraq
- Excellent communication skills (Arabic and English/B2)
- Strong managerial and organizational competence
- Diplomatic and mediation skills
Important notes for your application
The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH- PDP022-117) Rule of law, Democracy, Good Governance Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications