GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Based in Baghdad, under the line management of the Project Manager, the Risk Education (RE) Project Officer is responsible for assisting the Project Manager in running Risk Education activities in the governorate of Anbar. The RE component of the project involves giving RE safety briefings to persons at risk on the dangers of mines, explosive remnant of war (ERW), small arms and light weapons (SALW) and improvised explosive devices (IED), as well as other topics identified and relevant for the sake of the RE project.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
1. Implementation of RE activities
- Organize, coordinate and supervise HI RE activities
- Ensure the implementation of the RE activities according to the objectives defined in the project
- Ensure that the methodology used answers the needs and is adapted to the context
- Propose and adapt new methodology of intervention in coordination with the PM
2. Organize, coordinate and supervise the HI team under your management
- Create the weekly planning of HI teams and manage their daily activities and movements to the field
- Identify any training needs of the field teams and relay these needs to the PM
- Guarantee fulfillment of attendance sheets and appraisal forms of managed staff according to HR procedures
- Ensure all teams are carrying out their activities to a high standard
3. Organize, coordinate and supervise HI partner’s activities (risk education)
- Ensure regular field visit with partner’s staff, communication with the main interlocutors of HI partners and the activities are done according to the Partnership Agreement signed (direct activities, reporting, etc.)
4. Ensure monitoring and reporting of activities according to the system in place
- Ensure all field teams are making appropriate records of their activities and link this information with the data/monitoring in a timely manner
- Provide weekly and monthly reporting to the PM in order to answer to the program needs
- Guarantee consistency of project archive
- Support field teams to correctly complete all required reporting (statistics, field activity reports, etc.)
- Carry out periodic quality assurance visits on all teams to check for respect of validated RE messages and delivery of messages
5. Liaise with local stakeholders, authorities upon request of the PM
- At field level, meet on regular basis the different stakeholders (local associations, authorities, etc.)
- Attend relevant working groups
- Create and maintain a network in the area of operation
6. Other tasks
- Support the Project Manager in community and school assessments or other rapid assessments whenever requested
- Carry out RE training to HI staff, partner teams and other actors as necessary
- Translation of documents related to the project materials between English-Arabic-Kurdish
- Demonstrate an ethic and professional practice
- Respect beneficiary confidentiality
- Respect and promote HI’s Policies and report to your line manager any non-respect of HI’s policies amongst the teams or partners
- Address needs and requests in a professional way
- Demonstrate willingness to improve professional competences and abilities to increase care
- Demonstrate motivation at work
- Demonstrate willingness to improve own knowledge and skills by participating actively in any training sessions and capacity building activities
- Respect each team member’s positions, work, and specialty
- Adapt to special situations or demands from supervisor
Education: University degree in social work, community work, education, or a related field
Languages: Excellent Arabic and English mandatory (oral and written)
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs desirable.
- Previous experience in team and/or project management and coordination; experience in managing teams remotely an asset.
- Previous knowledge of RE an asset but not necessary; willingness to learn and become certified RE agent mandatory.
- Able to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Team management
- Strong interpersonal and intercultural skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 7.00 AM to 3.30 PM or from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Base : Baghdad
Line Manager : Project Manager
Head of Department : Field Coordinator
Management : Yes (RE agents and team leaders)
Operational link : Victim Assistance Project Officers, Database Assistant and MEAL team, Referral Focal Point, Logistics and Administration Departments, RE Technical Advisor, Mine action team.
‘’The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
·Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
·Internal regulation (IR)
·Child protection policy (CPP)
·Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
·Antifraud and bribery
·Code of Conduct (CoC)
- Please note that the vacancy is subject to funding approval.
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
31st Aug 2019
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-REPO2–429
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted