GLOBAL OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Under the line management of the Risk Education Project Officer, the Risk Education Agent is responsible for giving RE safety briefings to persons at risk on the dangers of mines, explosive remnant of war (ERW), small arms and light weapons (SALW) and improvised explosive devices (IED), as well as other topics identified and relevant for the sake of the RE project in Anbar Governorate.
RESPONSABILITIES AND TASKS DESCRIPTION
- Give presentations and awareness sessions to vulnerable groups in the governorate of Anbar on the dangers of explosives of war.
- Report back on the presentations and suggest solutions for improvement.
- Adapt the sessions to the audience each time it is required to ensure high quality of activities.
- Assist the team in developing RE material (leaflets, posters, etc).
- Train other actors to deliver RE messages.
Note that this job description must remain flexible, to respond to additional tasks or changes as identified by the line manager.
- University degree in social work or a related field.
- Arabic working knowledge mandatory. English is an asset.
- Minimum of 2 years relevant professional experience.
- Previous experience with international or local NGOs desirable.
- Knowledge of and experience in Anbar governorate is a strong asset.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to speak in public and present to large groups.
- High capacity to organise work and manage priorities.
- Reliable to handle confidential and sensitive information.
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and humanitarian values.
The working hours are the following:
Sunday until Thursday, from 7.00 AM to 3.30 PM or from 8.00 AM to 4.30 PM with 30 minutes lunch break. The work duration is fixed but the working hours can vary according to the planning of activities.
It can be exceptionally requested to work on Friday or Saturday. In that case a day off is planned between Sunday and Thursday during the previous or following week.
Note that working time can go up to 48 hours per week if it is required by the volume of activities and by the line manager. In that case the overtime will be considered as recovery time to be planned by the line manager in the next days.
Base: Baghdad or Ramadi
Line Manager: Project Officer
Head of Department: Project Manager Victim Assistance & Risk Education
Operational link: Risk Education Technical Advisor, Mine action team.
The Employee undertakes to adhere to HI policies which include:
v Terms and conditions of engagement (T&C)
v Internal regulation (IR)
v Child protection policy (CPP)
v Protection of beneficiaries from sexual exploitation and abuse (PSEA)
v Antifraud and bribery
v Code of Conduct (CoC)
How to apply:
Handicap International is an equal opportunity employer and particularly welcomes applications from persons with disabilities
Interested candidates may please send their resume with cover letter so as to reach on or before
6th Nov 2020
Only applications completed in accordance with the following instructions will be
Taken into consideration, the others will be rejected automatically.
Mentioning clearly in the subject line of your e-mail the reference:
Ref: HI-IRQ -BGD-REA–527
Your application will not be taken into consideration if this information is omitted from the
Subject line of your e-mail
Please address all applications to:
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted