World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Response Security Manager – Erbil
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Response Security Manager supports the Response Director in ensuring that effective security and mitigation measures for the Response programs are both appropriately planned for and addressed within the context. He/she leads in the optimization of organizational security and the mitigation of operational risks for ministry effectiveness by establishing security and fleet systems and mechanisms for institutionalizing an organizational culture and practice of safety and security. Additionally, the Response Security Manager provides oversight and guidance in Fleet Management to WV Iraq and ensures that the function operates efficiently. The role also serves as Risk Prime for WV Iraq; this task will remain flexible, pending the recruitment of a full-time risk & compliance staff. The Response Security Manager is also an active member of the WV Iraq Senior Leadership Team.
STRATEGY & PLANNING
- Develop and implement the Response Office security strategy in alignment with WV security policy to ensure that the operational priorities of the Response Office are appropriately supported.
- Ensure Security Risk Assessments, Country Risk Ratings and Core Security Requirement standards, processes and procedures are completed in accordance with the Office of global Safety, Security and Resilience (SSR) guidelines and training.
- Provide field-based and remote assistance to Response Office programs and operations through the provision of timely and quality advice, facilitation, support, training and coaching on humanitarian access and related topics.
- Provide leadership/management of the security and fleet team in country.
- As a member of the Senior Management Team, active participation in joint SLT/SMT meetings and follow up regarding related responsibilities.
- Work with the Response Director and Regional Security Director to carry out Security Risk Assessments as required/directed.
- Country Risk Ratings are established and updated as required.
- Ensure Core Security Requirements are implemented in line with Country Risk Ratings.
- Provide input and support to management in crisis situations and critical incidents.
- Conduct security investigations when required.
NETWORKING & EXTERNAL LIAISON/ENGAGEMENT
- Represent WV at local NGO security network meetings and ensure information from these groups is disseminated to relevant staff.
- Build ongoing networks for sharing security information and coordination.
CAPACITY BUILDING & TECHNICAL TRAINING
- Coordinate the assessment, development and implementation of the national office capacity building plan for security management based on local security risk assessments.
- Seek to develop a culture of security awareness and monitor staff compliance.
REPORTING & DOCUMENTATION
- Provide a regular security report to the Response Office, Region and the Office of global Safety, Security and Resilience (SSR).
- Ensure that all security incidents are reported in accordance with WV Security Policy.
- Conduct performance reviews of the field-based security focal persons.
- Collect, analyze and disseminate security information appropriately
- Provide oversight and guidance in Fleet Management for WV Iraq and line manage the Fleet Coordinator position.
- Guide the Fleet Coordinator in standardization and enforcement of fleet management procedures, guidelines and processes.
- Oversee the analysis and dissemination of information from the fleet management system for management decision.
- Provide oversight to the Fleet Coordinator to ensure that all organization’s motor vehicles and motorcycles are properly insured in accordance with the set policies.
- Promote and spearhead safe driving of all motor vehicles in the organization.
- Build local capacity of fleet team in fleet management and safe driving.
- Provide recommendations to senior management team on vehicle disposal and replacement through analysis of vehicle status and cost upkeep.
- Support the implementation of the security management plan for the country program through providing adequate transport planning and support.
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Act as Response Office focal point for WV ERM platform (Riskonnect).
- Coordinate with Regional Risk Prime to ensure the compliance of the Response Office as necessary.
- Provide guidance to the ERM Committee business activities and continuity planning and the capacity building of its members & others as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- At least 5 years’ experience in a proven security or emergency service field (public, private, and government or NGO sectors in military, security or law enforcement services).
- Operational experience
- Strategic / Managerial experience
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working with UN Agency / NGO.
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
- Demonstrated project management skills and the ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation).
- Experience in operating in high security risk environments/armed conflict situations.
- Ability to communicate well in English (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation.
- Professional - behave in professional manner at all times and demonstrate ability to represent the organization well at interagency meetings.
- Demonstrated personal values, attitudes and behaviors that are consistent with World Vision Core Values. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience. (Essential)
- Police/Law Enforcement or military training and/or Advanced Degree in Security studies (Desirable)
- Valid Passport and Driving License : Local/International.
- Computer literate (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
REQUIRED: Confirmed employment of the security officer is contingent on him/her passing the HEAT training course within 90 days of employment or approved SSRS equivalent (probation period).
- First Aid qualified Preferred
- Radio and/or Satellite phone communications experience, operations and management (Desirable
- Desirable: Ability to communicate well in Arabic and Kurdish (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situation
- This position requires regular travel between KRI and GoI Response Offices and programming areas.
- International travel may also be required.
- Non-standard work hours due to the nature of the security occurrences – may be asked outside of normal office hours.
- Must be in good physical health due to medium to high-risk operating environment.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 16 July 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.