World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Resource Development & Program Quality Manager - Erbil (Local and International Applicants are accepted).
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Resource Development and Program Quality Manager (RDPQ) leads the Fundraising efforts and program quality through the resource development personnel’s and the business development technical advisors.
The purpose of the position is to lead the Resource acquisition team to ensure and identify funding opportunities that will help WV to ensure its mid- to long-term presence in Iraq with innovative and high-impact programs with a focus on the most vulnerable members of society, regardless of status or background.
Secondly, the position will lead the unit of Technical Advisors to ensure holistic, quality designs are applied across all projects and funding streams.
The incumbent will therefore take a coordinating role in strategy development and Business development. Key areas include partner liaison and localization, Business development and resource acquisition, Donor liaison, external representation, staff capacity building, and reporting.
Resource Acquisition, Grant Management & Donor Compliance
- Provide key oversight, technical guidance and management support to the Advisors, and Resource development team.
- Ensure funds are raised by establishing adequate fundraising strategies that are in line with Our Promise strategy and the Iraq Country Strategy and based on diversified sources of funds to achieve ongoing mid- to long-term presence in Iraq.
- Ensure quality preparation of grant proposals, budgets, reports, and other design documents for World Vision’s partnerships and major donors.
- Ensure appropriate budgeting and close collaboration with support functions to determine project and support costs at competitive ratios.
- Ensure that systems and procedures are in place to support effective grant quality and compliance and positive audit results.
- Provide portfolio and projection analysis to inform the Senior Leadership Team, in particular the Response Director of trends and options.
- Ensure that grants are managed effectively through strategic reviews and monthly reporting tools.
- Ensure tracking systems are in place to track the grant pipeline, all proposals developed, awarded, grants implemented and closed out grant compliance, and implementation.
Technical Quality & Support
- Lead the international and national-level Technical Advisors, ensuring holistic, quality designs across all funding streams according to prioritized child well-being and donor objectives, appropriate and contextualized evidence-based practices, and indicators for sustainability. All designs should respond to the specific situation of fragility for targeted communities.
- Work with flexibility and agility to ensure Technical Advisors are the focal points towards the organizational needs, including grant designs (development of log-frames, M&E plans, ITTs, work plan & budgets, donor contacts and liaison, documentation and reporting etc.)
- Ensure appropriate external representation of Technical Advisors at the national and international level in line with external engagement priorities, which include donors, partners, host government, academia, and other appropriate humanitarian stakeholders.
- Ensure WV Iraq’s capacity is expressed through technical briefs and capacity statements for use with external engagement and donor positioning.
External Engagement and Networking
- Serve as the central focal point for WV Iraq’s external engagement strategy and develop external engagement strategies.
- Ensure that donor visits are strategic, well timed and smoothly executed and managed.
- Coordinate with other SLT members in representing WV at national level coordination meetings with donors and when appropriate, with other INGOs, local organizations, and high-level government officials.
- Coordinate WV Iraq’s participation in key donor meetings.
- Facilitate the growth of WV Iraq’s program by cultivating good working relationships with major relief/recovery/development donors (government/private) operating in the nexus space such as, but not limited to ECHO, EC, USAID, UNICEF, UNDP, GAC, UKAID, BMZ, KfW, GIZ, GOG, and other relevant in-country donor institutions, NGO community, local partners and World Vision Support Offices.
- Contribute to the development of communications and marketing materials for internal and external promotion of WV Iraq’s work.
Strategic Leadership and Staff Management
- Lead the development of mid- to long-term programming through solid designs and evidence-based practices that address root causes, increase resilience, transform systems and relationships, increase social cohesion and respond to all situations of fragility for vulnerable children in Iraq regardless of background or status.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure optimal integration of programming with field operations, grant acquisition and support functions.
- Actively engage in the Senior Leadership Team meetings and action planning.
- Effectively manage the direct reports in achieving their performance management and learning goals.
- Ensure performance plans and reviews are done periodically for all staff.
Perform other duties as required
- In collaboration with the Head of Program and Operations, ensure that World Vision’s policies and protocols are implemented and monitored on a regular basis.
- Ensure stewardship of the financial resources and people.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Line Manager including acting as Head of Program and Operations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least seven years of experience in Resource Development roles or equivalent including at a senior level with international NGOs, including proven experience in project design and submission of winning proposals.
- Experience in humanitarian aid/emergency relief and development work.
- Understanding of both humanitarian assistance/emergency relief and development work, especially of child-focused concepts, approaches and processes.
- Clear understanding and experience of the workings with major donor (traditional, non-traditional, contractors and private sector entities) their perspectives, requirements and standards.
- Knowledge of major donor requirements and funding sources.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills in English, including report writing and proposal writing.
- Ability to engage with representatives of government, NGOs, UN agencies and donors.
- Excellent relationship building and people management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and relational skills, especially in a cross-cultural environment, and ability to analyse and solve problems, persuade, network and negotiate.
- Good understanding of applicable standards, especially the Core Humanitarian Standard, and Inter-Agency standing Committee guidelines.
- Exemplary knowledge of tools and methods used for developing log frames.
- Significant experience with a wide range of institutional donors and funding agencies, such as the European Union (including ECHO), UNHCR, WFP, UNICEF, Global Affairs Canada, US government branches, branches of EU member state’s governments, especially of the Government of the Federal Republic of Germany, private donors etc.
- Knowledge and experience of working with commercial contracts.;
- Master’s degree in humanitarian aid, international development, economics, rural development, social sciences or related field
- Good knowledge and understanding of key aspect of humanitarian aid/emergency relief and development work including Education, Child Protection, Health Livelihood, WASH, GESI and Social Cohesion.
- A full commitment to World Vision’s core values and humanitarian mandate.
- Adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct, and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Full adherence to security protocols
- Understanding of WV operations and strong field acumen.
- English required, Arabic and/or Kurdish preferred
- 50 % travel is required within the country and internationally.
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local and International Applicants (IA's) Accepted
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified of the interview. The deadline for application is 25 September 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks