Ta’afi is a United States Agency for International Development Office of Transition Initiatives (USAID/OTI) program implemented by Chemonics International in Iraq. ICRI-Ta’afi aims to increase stability in Iraq by improving conditions that allow for durable returns in areas liberated from ISIS while mitigating discrete emergent challenges that threaten overall stability.
Long-term local professional, cooperating country national
Reporting and location:
S/he will report to the Research Manager. This position is based in Iraq
- Conducts research assignments to support the program’s context analysis, including awareness of the state of political, social, and economic development in various areas in Iraq
- Responds to ad-hoc research requests on emerging trends and issues
- Composes program deep-dives into themes of interest through collecting and consolidating data from varied sources, including but not limited to desk research and the collection of high quality quantitative and qualitative data
- Coordinates field data collection efforts in collaboration with program field team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required
- A minimum of two years of progressively responsible relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative research methods, including desk research, surveys, focus groups, and online data collection
- Strong analytical skills, writing abilities, and written and oral communication skills
- Ability to coordinate with a multifaceted team and collaborate with colleagues to collect data and produce high quality research products in an extremely fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments, to meet deadlines, and to exercise good professional judgment
- Capacity to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, partners, including local NGOs, and governmental entities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) required. Experience working with statistical software preferred
- Prior experience on stabilization or humanitarian programs preferred but not required
- Fluency in written and oral Arabic and English is required; written and oral fluency in Kurdish and other local languages is preferred, but not required.
Equal employment opportunities:
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
- Contract period: 12 Months with possibility of extension
- Salary: The salary of this position falls under band FSN-08
- The selected candidates will be vetted.
Chemonics Iraq offers a fair, competitive, and transparent recruitment process. We are promoting the health and well-being of our staff and their loved ones. We are just as committed to creating an environment that encourages professional learning and growth. Our benefits include:
- Health insurance for its full-time fixed-term employees and their dependents (spouse and children) at no additional cost. The health insurance Chemonics provides is an exclusive package with wide network in different cities within Iraq. The employees and their dependents can visit hospitals and receive treatments with no payment.
- Life insurance for the employee at no additional cost
- Resilience Support Program at no additional cost
- Annual professional development fund for approved trainings for each employee.
- Online platforms for language and technical skills development (Mango Languages and Degreed)
- Contribution to Social Security scheme.
Due to high number of applicants only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are due by 10 November 2021.
To apply, please submit your application through this link only