Registration Front Desk
• Responsible for normal day-to-day reception operations for the office, greeting patients, checking patients in/out, answering telephones, scheduling, and confirming appointments
• Ensures patient information gets properly entered, scanned, handed off in a timely manner, and remains protected in compliance with EIH.
• Assists new patients with registration, insurance verification, and office hours as needed
• Collects /posts payments by allocating funds accordingly
• Electronically submits/prepares insurance claims
• Maintain effective communication amongst team/patients and be able to resolve discrepancies/conflict in a reputable manner.
• Ensures paper medical records and other documents are accurately scanned and indexed into the electronic medical record.
• Participates in preparing end of day paperwork as necessary.
• Assists with answering phones at the front desk when needed.
• Respects and protects the patient’s rights to confidentiality and privacy according to EIH policy, and discloses information only when required or appropriately consented and requested, with full consideration of patient legal rights.
• Displays a professional demeanor when interacting with department staff, clinicians, patients, other hospital departments and/or third parties.
• Facilitates and maintains effective working relationships with staff and managers on the department team.
• Other duties as required or requested by a manager or department administrator.
• Ability to accurately schedule patient appointments.
• Reach out to non-return patients as well as potential patients regarding future scheduling.
• Ability to obtain all required documents from patients, ensuring accurate completion.
• Receive and check-in patients upon arrival to the clinic, and assist in patient departure by providing future scheduling to the patient, and checking-out patient.Responsible for obtaining and entering into the computer information form the patient or the patient representative necessary for the preparation of financial and medical records.
Front Desk Qualifications:
• 2-4 years of experience preferred
• Positive, hardworking, and punctual
• Good communication skills