Regional Sales Engineer (Industrial Automation) Required
Location: Baghdad, Iraq
Urgently, we are on the lookout for Sales Engineer to be based in Baghdad and covering sales related activities in Iraq with 3-5 years prior sales experience in industrial automation.
As a sales engineer, you'll combine technical knowledge with strategic sales skills and will be responsible for identifying new business opportunities, building and managing a sales pipeline, and securing business towards the goal of achieving or exceeding annual sales objectives in Iraq. You need to create new sales and marketing strategies that could position our products and services as the best solutions for prospective clients.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Searching for new clients who could benefit from our products or services and maximizing client potential in Iraq as a Regional Sales Engineer.
- Searching new business and opportunities/Tenders, by searching client websites for new tenders, tender/project web portals including 3rd party providers such as BNC.
- Developing long-term relationships with clients, through managing and interpreting their requirements; including updating Customer accounts and contacts.
- Persuading clients that a product/Service best satisfies their needs in terms of quality, price and delivery;
- Negotiating tender and contract terms and conditions (Pricing, payment conditions) to meet both client and company (Supplier) needs;
- Providing to Sales team and customers, pre-sales technical assistance, product/service awareness and demonstrating how our products/services meet client needs; including (Hands on, Demo kits, Presentations).
- Supporting marketing by attending trade shows, conferences and other marketing events.
- Working on after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required; resolving problems, repairs, warranty issues.
- Analyzing costs and sales; with full understanding of competitors strengths and weaknesses, this to be linked with jobs worked/Competitor information and linked in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- Preparing reports for management as required from CRM. In addition to a summary weekly report covering all job responsibilities.
- Following up Delivery and resolve any related problems.
- Following up Payments and resolve any related problems.
- Following up Ports and Customs Departments to clear material arriving, and to deliver to customer stores.
- Setting up and achieving sales goals and quotes on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Visiting Clients/Prospects sites is essential.
- Long or irregular working hours are normal to meet deadlines, secure deals and attend conferences and networking events.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or in business administration.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and presentation skills are required.
- Strong skills in the Microsoft Office Suite, particularly MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel is required.
- Valid Iraq driving license is required.
- Hands on experience in Microsoft Dynamics CRM knowledge is desirable.
- Siemens software knowledge a plus.
How to apply:
To be considered for this position, please submit your resume along with subject line ‘Regional Sales Engineer (C21-02796)’ at Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Selected candidate(s) will be required to pay frequent visits in other regions of Iraq to meet potential clients.