ABOUT HUMAN APPEAL:
Human Appeal (HA) is a British humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organisation that works in 25 countries around the world since 1991. Human Appeal has been operating in Iraq since 2016. Human Appeal currently has almost 400 staff across numerous locations in Iraq, including Erbil, Dohuk, Ninewa, Salah al Din, Kirkuk and Baghdad. Human Appeal Iraq’s country office is in Erbil with sub-offices in Mosul, Tikrit, Baghdad and Aana. Human Appeal has and is delivering over $50 million in humanitarian and early-recovery assistance in 2017-18. Human Appeal is working in a number of thematic sectors: primarily in protection; shelter and non-food items; food security and livelihoods; WASH; and education. Human Appeal’s main donors include UNHCR, UNOCHA, WFP and numerous other international institutional partners.
Human Appeal Iraq is seeking an Office Assistant to support the administrative duties of the Country Director. The Office Assistant will report directly to the Country Director. The Office Assistant will have office and personal assistant duties which are included in the following points.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greet and welcome guests as soon as they arrive at the office.
- Direct visitors to the appropriate person and office.
- Doing the security check for the visitors.
- Ensure reception area is tidy and presentable, with all necessary stationery and material (e.g. pens, forms and brochures).
- Receive, sort and distribute daily mail/deliveries.
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception desk (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges).
OtherThe job description is not intended to be exhaustive and it is likely that duties may be altered from time to time in the light of changing circumstances and after consultation with the post holder.
- Proven work experience as a Receptionist, Front Office Representative or similar role.
- Professional attitude and appearance.
- Aware about the security rules and attitude.
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive when issues arise.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills.
- High school degree; additional certification in Office Management is a plus.