Reports to: Head of Invoice Check (disciplinary), Coordinator Facility Management (technical)
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a public-benefit federal enterprise that supports the German Government and many public and private sector clients in around 120 countries in achieving their objectives in international cooperation. With this aim, GIZ works together with its partners to develop effective solutions that offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions.
The Communications Unit is responsible for the overall communication about and visibility of GIZ’s activities in Iraq. This includes the monitoring of national and international media, carrying out of internal and external communication measures, usage and development of digital tools and production of high-quality information formats and products.
The Receptionist/Caretaker is responsible for
- the reception: liaising with customers in a service-oriented manner on behalf of the office by providing a professional phone service, welcoming and registering visitors, dispatching and receiving documents, goods, and materials
- internal distribution of mail
- technical assistance to the Facility Manager of the Country Office
- stocktaking and recording inventory with the Facility Manager
- support in copying and archiving documents for Finance and Account
- and is the focal point for ATHoc at Country Office Finance and Administration
- approximate distribution of working time: reception (60%), facility management (40%)
1. Phone and reception services
- Answers and accepts phone calls and general messages to GIZ IQ and/or forwards them.
- Maintains a callback list of all incoming calls which cannot be taken by the relevant staff member
- Registers, documents and organizes incoming and outgoing correspondence (fax, e- mails, letters, parcels and personally delivered messages) from GIZ offices in KRI, Iraq and abroad; institutions of the public sector, embassies, etc.
- Ensures that visitors are comfortable by offering them refreshments and lead them to their hosts
- Ensures creation and/or regular updating of a list of contacts and addresses (telephone, fax, email)
2. Office work and services
- Makes a first check of incoming documents with respect to compliance with GIZ regulations
- Provides a booking stamp on invoices
- Updates the signatory specimen according to changes of CO F+A staff
- Supports in duplicating and converting documents (hardcopy/softcopy)
- Introduces new staff to the use of ATHoc and informs F+A employees on updates
3. Stock Management
- Supports in the management of the office stock (stationery, spare parts, …): counting, replenishment, provision of invoices
- Recording of stock movements, preparing forecasts
- Preparing requests for purchases and forwards them to P+C
- Labeling of office equipment in line with the registration in onSITE Asset
- Assisting during annual stocktaking for HQ reports
4. Technical facility management
- Checks the office for repairs (lighting, electricity, water, heating) and informs the Coordinator Facility Manager about required actions
- Assists in planning and implementation of changes of the office layout and facilities
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Higher school education.
- Accounting and Finance background preferred
- Some years of experience in a similar position
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Very good written and oral command of English; Arabic skills as an additional asset
- Regard, courtesy, and agility towards colleagues and visitors
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (EBL-CO21-167) Receptionist/Caretaker
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered