JOB TITLE: Purchasing Officer
The Purchasing Officer is responsible to evaluate vendors, negotiate contracts and prepare reports (e.g. on orders and costs.). S\he should create and maintain good relationships with key suppliers to ensure merchandise is of high quality and delivered on time.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Research potential vendors & suppliers.
• Maintain the supplier database, purchase records, and related documentation.
• Compare and evaluate offers from suppliers.
• Negotiate contract terms of agreement, pricing, timelines, etc.
• Track orders and ensure timely delivery.
• Review quality of purchased products
• Enter order details (e.g. vendors, quantities, prices) into internal databases
• Maintain updated records of purchased products, delivery information and invoices
• Prepare reports on purchases, including cost analyses
• Monitor stock levels and place orders as needed
• Coordinate with warehouse staff to ensure proper storage
• Attend trade shows and exhibitions to stay up-to-date with industry trends
• Commit to maximizing efficiency at all levels without compromising quality.
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned by management.
• Reports directly to the Managing Partner.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
• Bachelor of Commerce or Similar or 2-year relevant experience.
• A minimum of 2 to 3 years of experience in a similar role (F&B/hospitality industry in Kurdistan).
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good analytics and reporting skills.
• Experience with Accounting System, POS Systems and cost and inventory systems.
• Ability to multitask, work in a fast-paced environment.
• Have a high-level attention to detail.
• Ability to work independently and to partner with others to promote an environment of teamwork.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
• Salary package will reflect experience levels and will depend on the candidate.