The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is a global service provider in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development and international education work, with more than 23,000 employees in over 120 countries. GIZ has over 50 years of experience in a wide variety of areas, including economic development and employment, energy and the environment, and peace and security. Our business volume is around 3.3 billion euros. As a public-benefit federal enterprise, GIZ supports the German Government – in particular the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) – and many public and private sector clients in achieving their objectives in international cooperation and to offer people better prospects and sustainably improve their living conditions
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes public financial management and tax reforms.
Field of Activity
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes public financial management and tax reforms. GIZ is supporting the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these areas and is looking for a Public Fin. and Adm. Advisor to support implementation in various fields of activity
The professional advisor performs the following tasks:
Coordinating project implementation with partner institution(s)
The project coordinator
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with GIZ technical staff and counterparts.
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- Takes meeting minutes and prepares reports
- Coordinates on a daily basis with counterparts in various governmental offices and communicates project updates and plans as well as inquires on counterpart’s needs.
Networking and cooperation
- Supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non-governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information. Communicates governmental partners’ messages and demands to technical staff and program management in a concise and structured manner.
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- Coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- Compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- Handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
- Proven experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in working with government institutions and/or NGOs
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience working with Donors is a plus
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of Arabic and a working knowledge of German or English
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Important notes for your application
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-FFM22-087) Public Finance and Administration Advisor Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- The use of GIZ templates is mandatory, all applications that do not use the template will not be evaluated.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.
GIZ templates for applications