World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Protection Officer - Ninewa.
The proposed project seeks to address root causes of SGBV including (i) Women’s low economic activity and low-income level, being a driving force for domestic and gender-based violence in the family, as well as SGBV prevalence in Iraq, (ii) Low knowledge, information and adoption of climate-smart agriculture (CSA) interventions, especially latest advances in research and technological innovations, which can boost productivity in agriculture value chains, and increase employment opportunities for women and youth and (iii) Limited understanding of how and why climate services have to be shaped to meet the differing needs of women, and how to use this information to influence policy change.
The role of this position is to implement SGBV and climate change project activities in Mosul. Supervise and support case workers and community mobilizers, coordinate with protection stakeholders for the identification and referral of SGBV cases and coordination mechanisms, initiate the child protection committees and coordinate it with the communities, Plan and facilitate trainings, events, meetings or distributions with community and community leaders and local authorities, Prioritize tasks in close coordination with line manager to ensure timely quality results achievement, Take lead on supervising committees (girls committee, women committee and youth committee), meet and plan activities. *Capacitate and support social workers, community mobilizers and committees. Oversee and facilitate the recreational and educational activities provided inside the center, maintain welcoming and safe environment of the center at all times, raise center needs and perform required procedures to supply the needs, Facilitate in recruitment process of casual workers, consultant and volunteers
Capacity Building of staff
- In coordination with project coordinator, recruit qualified staff and volunteers to perform project activities.
- Train case management workers, community mobilizers on protection principles and mentoring staff.
- Facilitate training and capacity building events for community and key community leaders, faith leaders, local authorities and teachers
- Closely observe performance of each staff a, provide timely mentorship advice.
Support program design, and creative activities
- Together with project coordinator, plan and schedule project activities.
- Report and update line manager of planned activities, progress and challenges
- Ensure that all activities are planned, coordinated, monitored and recorded.
- Liaise externally to facilitate training, sessions, events, bookings and arranging event needs.
SGBV Case Management
- Identify cases and prioritize vulnerable cases while maintaining adherence to Do No Harm, Safeguarding and confidentiality principles
- Supervise case workers, meet and follow up on cases to ensure quality case management service.
- Create networking with service providers to enhance referral to specialized services
Strengthening the community engagement and networks
- Organize monthly meetings with committees to receive feedback, updates, suggestion, challenge and achievements.
- Together with the Project coordinator, plan outreach activities to ensure they are in line with project outcomes
- Create awareness raising modules GESI and protection.
- Capacity build committees to ensure quality rapport with committee and maintaining trust.
Meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity report to project coordinator
- Support project coordinator to submit required donor report
- Maintain accurate record of all activities for reporting
- At least Bachelor’s degree on social science (social work, psychology, sociology, education or other relevant field.)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with women, girls and vulnerable groups
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team.
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards.
- Familiar with sector minimum standards and guidelines such as Minimum Standards for CP in Humanitarian Actions, Inter-Agency guideline on MHPSS in humanitarian settings).
- Adherence to Do No Harm, Safeguarding, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Work experience with humanitarian agencies.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
- Fluency in Local language.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Up to 60 Per Cent domestic travel.
Applicant Types Accepted:
- Local Applicants Only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 6 September 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks