PURPOSE OF POSITION:
- To implement the child protection component of the protection project in Mosul.
- To support and facilitate the child protection trainings organized by implementing partner and WV.
- To coordinate with the child protection stakeholders for the identification and referral of child protection issues and the coordination mechanisms.
- To attend the child protection sub working group meetings and provide reporting to the sub working group.
- To coordinate with the implantation partner Social Workers for the identification of child protection cases, the referral mechanism and the coordination with the (Child Protection Unit) CPU and the Community based Child Protection Committee (CPC).
- To initiate the child protection committees and coordinate it with the communities.
- To develop all required materials related to child protection.
- To support the girls and rights group and the development and implementation of the CP/Protection/Education awareness-raising campaigns.
1. Capacity Building of Staff / implanting partner
- In coordination with project coordinator , and implementing partner, recruit appropriate staff
- All the staff and CPC member are trained on required topics, including Child Protection, CFS management, communication with children, creative activities, positive discipline etc
- Closely observe performance of each staff a, provide timely advice and appreciation
2. Support program design, and creative activities
- Together with project coordinator, support implanting partner to create bi-weekly activity schedule for project activities
- Advice Children’s program team about the appropriateness of toys, stationary and furniture for children
3. Case Management of children
- Identify the vulnerable children in these areas and keep good record with confidentiality
- facilitate a case management discussion with social workers , parents and families when necessary
- Refer the cases when children and their families require specialized services
4. Strengthening the community engagement and networks
- Together with implementing partner staff , organize monthly Child protection committees meeting to share the achievements of children;
- Together with the Project coordinator , and the implementing partners, create awareness raising modules for parents about child protection, child care and psychosocial impact on parents and children
5. Meet internal and external reporting requirements
- Submit weekly, monthly, annual activity report to project coordinator
- Based on the donor requirement, support project coordinator to submit required donor report
- Support project coordinator to submit information and report to Inter-agency WGs
Minimum education, training and experience requirements to qualify for the position:
- At least Bachelor’s degree on social science (social work, education, psychology, sociology or any other relevant field.)
- Minimum 3 years of work experience with children (teaching, nursery, social work, etc.)
- English and Arabic (speaking and writing).
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Ability to work in difficult and high risk situations.
- Ability to cope and work under pressure.
- Well-organized, self-motivated and ability to work in a team.
- Familiar with Humanitarian Principles and standards.
- Familiar with sector minimum standards and guidelines such as Minimum Standards for CP in Humanitarian Actions, Inter-Agency guideline on MHPSS in humanitarian settings).
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Work experience with humanitarian agencies.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers).
- 60-80% travel required
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
The deadline for application is 27 December 2017