Duties and Responsibilities:
- Determines proposal concept by identifying and clarifying opportunities and needs; studying requests for proposal (RFPs); attending strategy meetings.
- Meets proposal deadline by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and approval; entering and monitoring tracking data; coordinating requirements with contributors; contributing proposal status information to review meetings; transmitting proposals.
- Gathers proposal information by identifying sources of information; coordinating submissions and collections; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
- Develops proposal by assembling information including project nature, objectives/outcomes/deliverables, implementation, methods, timetable, staffing, budget, standards of performance, and evaluation; writing, revising, and editing drafts including executive summaries, conclusions, and organization credentials.
- Prepares presentation by evaluating text, graphics, and binding; coordinating printing.
- Maintains quality results by using templates; following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone; maintaining proposal support databases.
- Obtains approvals by reviewing proposal with key providers and project managers.
- Improves proposal-writing results by evaluating and re-designing processes, approach, coordination, and boilerplate; implementing changes.
- Knowledge of purchasing transactions for equipment, materials, supplies, capital goods, and services
- Knowledge of supply chain, production and processing, customer and personal service, relevant tools and technology, applicable regulations and standards, administration and management
- Read and interpret dense and complex texts, and have ability to make high-level inferences using specialized knowledge for policies and procedures, trade terms and international standards.
Knowledge in INCOTERMS 2010,
- Have experience in responding to RFPs, ITTs, ITBs requirements.
Should have the knowledge and can perform the following:
- Purchase requisitions/orders, tenders, quotations and bids, price lists, contracts, brochures, trade magazines, computer and technical manuals, procedures and organizational policies, applicable standards, legislation, and regulations, invoices, packing slips, bills of lading, computerized inventories, production reports, schedules, signs and labels, manager’s instructions.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Coordinate proposal activity and proposal task sequencing with consulting and contracts staff.
- Coordinate proposal content acquisition from internal resources.
- Edit proposal materials to eliminate inconsistencies in format or voice, typos, and grammatical and spelling mistakes.
- Research, write, and update information in the business development repository, including project descriptions, resumes, and other qualifications materials.
- Monitor websites for RFP opportunities of potential interest to PGS, and distribute opportunities to appropriate staff.
- Assist with other corporate writing and communications as needed.
- Have the ability to covert the scope of work to bill of quantity.
- Ability to search for suitable suppliers, approach them, follow up with them, cross check (compare) the commercial and technical requirements between the offered items with the client requirements
AUTHORITIES (if any)
- Act as per the instruction of the CEO & GM
Qualification / Education Level :
- Bachelor's degree in English, Journalism, Communications, Marketing or related field or equivalent.
Special Skills, if any:
- Presentation Skills, Written Communication, Graphic Design Skills, Technical Documentation, Layout Skills, Problem Solving, Deadline-Oriented, Process Improvement, Coordination, Strategic Planning, Market Knowledge
- Excellent grammar, spelling, and proofreading skills.
- Typing skills. Computer literacy required. Working knowledge of PC and Microsoft Office environment required. (Microsoft Project or Primavera experience is an advantage)
- General knowledge in the technical aspects of Civil, Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical and Petroleum engineering)
- Ability to give and receive feedback professionally through the writing and editing process.
- Strong consultative, relationship management and partnership skills. Ability to work collaboratively within a team and develop solid working partnerships with peers and colleagues.
- Strong project management and organizational skills required. Attention to detail and accuracy a must. Ability to handle confidential information in a sensitive manner.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a continuously changing environment.
- Minimum Five years’ experience in a writing capacity. (in the same job)