Project Team Leader - Sulaymaniyah
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Team Leader – Sulaymaniyah.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide support in the development, planning, implementation and monitoring of Health project in Iraq – Kirkuk & Sulaymaniyah Governorates, and to contribute to World Vision objective of improving health and wellbeing of beneficiary community through capacity building for health sector staff, raising awareness for the communities in general and girls and women in particular, impacting good behaviour change in maternity, as well as supporting local directorate of health in both governorates through provision of supplies, IEC materials and PPE. Also to supervise to train maternity hospital/centre staff and health workers on infection prevention and control (IPC) in the context of COVID-19 including precautions, regulations and to perform under infection control risk assessment, cleaning staff in improved cleaning methods and disposal of PPE as well as promotions around vaccination, and on GBV.
Health project field activities supervision
- Setting up of a medical information record as per WHO/MOH guidelines
- Data entry analysis and production of reports Responsibility for liaising closely with the team to ensure that information is collected and securely saved.
- Attend meetings as requested and minute these meetings. Meetings include health cluster meetings in both governorates, Sulaymaniyah and Kirkuk.
- Develop and maintain patient record system
- Liaison with SC on purchase requests and orders
- Support assessments and project design with DM&E team, health technical advisor (TA), zonal manager and programs team.
- Ensures that the persons under his supervision implement their responsibilities according to their grant agreement
- Assist zonal manager in budget management so as to insure expenditures are per budget guidelines.
- Keeping in line with finance and P&C in order to make sure of staff hiring under his supervision for each activity.
- Coordination and communication with all supervisors to ensure all necessary commodities are procured in time and ready for project implementation.
- Ensure that the most up-to-date technology is used for record keeping and patient information records.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits to insure skills gained in the training are implemented in the health facilities.
Coordination with local community groups/ Government Departments / Health cluster / Other stake
holders (Internal and External)
- Coordination with Directorate of Health (DoH) and both Sulaymaniyah and Kirkuk Governorates to implement the project activities in the selected hospitals/centres in both governorates.
- Coordination with local government departments, Health cluster and other health partners.
- When required, in collaboration with East Zonal Manager, represent World Vision at DoH and Clusters
- Ensure that project documentation is prepared, including weekly and monthly project reports on implementation/ construction status.
- Assist in establishing and oversight of implementation of systems for efficiently controlling the quality of technical works; closely tracking works progress against payment and work plans, and controlling the quality of the final construction outputs as per.
- Other tasks as requested by the Line Manager and/or Response Manager
- Responsible of own security and actively contribute to a positive security culture.
- Abide by the security policies and procedures and report any incidents or breaches to line manager and / or security manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in health or related subjects.
- Experience in health promotion and capacity building is preferred.
- Working knowledge of English and ability to write reports in English.
- Experience focused in the management of humanitarian and/or resilience programs.
- Experience in project management and programming knowledge in Health.
- Organizational skills, flexibility and calm under pressure
- Good team worker able to work closely with a small team and use own initiative
- First-hand knowledge of the area.
- Experience of working with cross-functional teams.
- Experience in coalition building and ability to rally coalitions and networks to take positions onspecific policy issues.
- Past experience in working with health sector
- Successful track record in project coordination.
- Ability to manage a wide range of work assignments and changing priorities in high pressure and demanding environment
- Strategic, creative and innovative thinking.
- Demonstrated understanding of the NGO sector, public sector planning.
- Ability to work in high tension and high security risk situations and be able to adapt to rapidly changing contexts
- Knowledge of and adherence to the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct and capability of incorporating standards in design, implementation and evaluation of relevant projects
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in diverse cultural contexts, psychologically stressful environments, and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths.
- Understands work from a process point of view and uses measurement and accountability systems effectively.
- Excellent time-management and prioritization
- Up to 50 Per Cent domestic travel.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified
for the interview. The deadline for application is 19 July 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.