Project Support Officer - Duhok
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Support Officer - Duhok
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The purpose of the Project Support Officer position is to provide full logistic, service and admin support for all 3 WFP funded projects located in Duhok Governorate in Kurdistan Region of Iraq. The Project Support Officer will report directly to Cash & Food Program Manager and will work closely with the project manager, project coordinators, team leaders and project team to ensure effective management of the project asset and its registry and other related documents such handover or good receive notes, submitting PRF and payments on time, providing equipment, material, service and logistic support to the project team, day to day managing the project fleet in coordination with fleet coordinator and security officer and monitoring the project cars and drivers and the fuel consumption and submit them to finance, collaborate with Erbil Project Support Officer and coordinate with our zonal and national office support service department.
The Project Support Officer will be part of the senior project staff committee and contribute in the annual project strategy, annual assessments and preparedness and provide new ideas and creative solutions, and work according to WV and donors requirements and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
- Carry out analysis of project admin/support costs and advise the Project Management of improvement.
- Tracking the budgets
- Support district teams on all administrative needs of their office and field.
- Ensure project vehicles are properly managed and taking care of the drivers and fuel consumption.
- Ensure contracts and all documents related to the projects are in place and updated on time for buildings, vehicles, staff, casuals, service provider’s drivers etc.
- Ensure an up to date and accurate asset register of the project is in place.
- Ensure staff are accountable and responsible for assets in their custody.
- Track damages and losses of assets and hold staff accountable to staff involved and inform project management accordingly.
- Collaborate with main office finance, Admin, security, supply chain and ICT for follow-ups on all project staff request.
- Evaluating all cost & suppliers VS the actual and advise for the management.
- Being creative and work closely with Cash & Food program manager and other team members to improve the services within the department and facilitate the work and process.
- Take lead in consolidating procurement plans from project team.
- Ensure PRFs are in place and signed on time.
- Check procurement plans against budgets
- Advise Cash and Food program Manager on over expenditure on procured items beyond budget line items
- ensure project items to be proceed received timeously
- Ensure staff registers are in place
- Minimum 4 years of work experience in organizations and 2 years in similar roles.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, General Management, finance, or related field.
- Very comfortable supporting project team
- Be proactive and anticipate emergencies.
- Must have strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills with an attention to details.
- Requires the ability to effectively present concepts to lay users in various settings and by various means (verbal and written).
- Requires strong communication skills to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- Must be able to work effectively with a diverse team.
- Requires the ability to work under pressure and on multiple tasks.
- Must have a service orientation.
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Knowledge of WFP funded project is an asset.
- Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
- Self-disciplined with good time management skills.
- Creative and ability to think outside the box.
- Ability to produce clear and well organized reporting and documents.
- Language Requirements: English, Arabic and Kurdish.
Within Iraq governorates
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at https://careers.wvi.org/jobs/iraq/support-services/project-support-officer-duhok/17035 No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 21 June 2021.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is
conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.