World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Iraq Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Project Officer-Business Support Expert - Ninewa
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
This position supports daily implementation of the business management components of the project, specifically will include facilitating business appraisals for targeted micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) to identify key gaps and challenges and supporting entrepreneurs to shape their business ideas by developing capacity building and business plans that address the key gaps.
At implementation level, the post holder will support the identification of businesses to be targeted by the intervention in consultation with the MEAL department, develop capacity building and mentorship goals and provide technical oversight to business trainers to ensure that the mentorship and coaching is done as per
agreed technical standards.
Quality Project Implementation
Implement project activities in accordance with the project guidelines and targets and work closely with the other partners and coordinator to mitigate the project management and implementation challenges faced, carry out the daily field activities including but not limited to household assessment supervision, beneficiary selection, FGDs with communities, vendor selection and contracting, etc.
- Contribute to the contextualization of project component to local area dynamics in due consideration of conflict and do no harm to ensure the activities do not contribute to any harm.
- Work closely with key local government personnel, local leadership, interest groups, and Programme staff in the design of appropriate strategies for the target population
- Work closely to target MSMES on regular basis to support them to attain their goals through training and mentorship
- Work closely with government actors to enhance program effectiveness.
- Strengthen the relationships between target individuals in groups, which can ensure collaboration, continuity, and sustainability
- Organize and facilitate training focusing on entrepreneurship and business development skills geared to increase project output.
- Create a platform of learning and exchange of ideas and resources among MSMEs, Chamber of commerce, and institutions with a special focus on strengthening enterprises.
- Facilitate the documentation of best practices and lessons learned in enterprise support.
Coordination and Capacity Building:
- Capacity building and training of staff (business coaches) on business coaching and mentorship in specific thematic areas based on capacity gaps identified.
- Coordinating closely with the chamber of commerce, relevant government ministries, and Emergency livelihood cluster
Private sector engagement- conduct training to project beneficiaries and identify market linkages with private
Monitoring and Reporting
Regularly track project activities in coordination with MEAL Submit weekly/monthly reports to the project manager
Based on the donor requirement, support the project manager/coordinator to submit the required donor report.
Planning and Budgeting
- Support project manager to administer project budget to ensure accurate and timely budget spending
- Follow up and coordinate with other departments e.g. Procurement, Security, Finance, Fleet, PDQA etc.
- Perform other duties as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Higher education – Bachelor's degree,
- Proven ability to develop and communicate a common vision among diverse partners
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and report writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage stakeholders
- Fluency in Arabic, English, and Kurdish languages
- Three (3) years of experience working experience in livelihood and economic development programs,
- Field experience working with communities and liaising with government departments
- Knowledge of the displaced population profile in Ninewa.
- Ability and willingness to learn new things and support new initiatives
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and work under pressure, efficient task prioritization and time management
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with the community
- Use reflective practice and promote its use for learning, Use critical thinking and analysis
- Strategic, creative, and innovative thinking
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with partners
- Understanding of community mobilization and empowerment principles and approaches
- Excellent coordination skills
- Ability to engage in personal learning and development
- Practice in community development
- Training experience
- Experience in communicating with Government, Non-Government, organizations, and other related area stakeholders.
- Work Environment
- The position is based in Ninewa
- The position requires the ability and willingness to travel domestically up to 80% of the time.
- The position is preferred to be in Ninewa
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified of the interview. The deadline for application is 7 April 2022.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.