Asuda is an Iraqi NGO, committed to combating violence against women and was founded in 2000. It was registered in May 2001 in Sulaymaniyah with the Ministry of Humanitarian Assistance and Cooperation in Iraqi Kurdistan and also registered with the NGO Directorate in Baghdad in 2011. Asuda is dedicated to combating violence against women through an institutional and systematic approach in order to enhance the status of women and strengthen civil society through participation of women. Asuda’s vision is a world where women and men enjoy equal rights and access to resources and opportunities, where all forms of discrimination and marginalization against women and minorities are eliminated, and where violence plays no part in any individual’s lives. Asuda seeks the attainment of a safe environment for women and minorities, free from all forms of violence, and where everyone enjoys their rights, fulfill their responsibilities, experience equality before the law, benefit from the provision of legal services, raise their awareness and advocate for their rights, and lead development programs that benefit their communities.
Overall project management:
· Provide direction and guidance to project team, contractors and consultants to ensure the project outputs are achieved;
· Identify and obtain any support or advice required for the management, planning and control of the project;
· Liaise with the partners, as needed;
· Proposal writing, with the proper technical details according to the different and distinctive projects.
· Represent Asuda as requested in relevant national seminars, meetings of work groups and panels, project periodic evaluation, review meetings, promote and advocate for the project;
· Organize planning meetings with relevant parties to develop an annual work-plan and corresponding budget plan with clearly stated milestones contributing to the achievement of target outputs defined in the project document.
· Develop and update quarterly work plans and expenditure plans based on the agreed annual work-plan;
· Organize regular meetings for the project team members to assess work progress, discuss challenges and constraints, and provide guidance and support;
· Develop a Monitoring & Communication Plan for the project, in close coordination with the other Project Managers or any other relevant staff;
· Ensure the application of Asuda financial and administrative rules and regulations for the project implementations.
Running a project
· Plan the activities of the project and monitor progress against the initial quality criteria in close coordination with the field staff;
· Mobilize goods and services needed for activities, including drafting TORs and work specifications;
· Manage, in close coordination with the field staff in all Asuda offices, day to day operations;
· Ensure exchange of knowledge and best practices with UN agencies in KRI and all other relevant national and international NGOs;
· Monitor events as determined in the approved Monitoring & Communication Plan, and update the plan as required;
· Compile lessons learned and good practices in close collaboration with the senior management team at Asuda;
· Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports;
· Ensure having effective risk mitigation strategies;
· Be responsible for managing issues and requests for change by maintaining an Issues Log;
· Prepare quarterly reports as well as donor reports as required.
· Draft terms of reference for consultants as needed, supervise and evaluate their performance in delivering required outputs;
· Mobilize competent national and international experts following the agenda and activities that are supported by the project;
· Provide upstream policy advice to Asuda on areas related to the project, as applicable;
· Foster strategic partnerships with key stakeholders in the field;
· Identify and link to related ongoing activities with other agencies and encourage collaboration and synergies.
· Demonstrates integrity by modeling Asuda’s values and ethical standards;
· Promotes the vision, mission and strategic goals of Asuda;
· Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability;
· Treats all people fairly without favoritism;
· Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills;
· Seeks and applies knowledge, information, and best practices from within and outside of Asuda.
· Ability to lead the design and implementation of Asuda project activities, strengthening of strategic partnerships for Asuda’s core principles;
· Ability to build and sustain effective partnerships with all the partners, advocate effectively, communicate sensitively across different constituencies.
Required Skills and Experience
· Educational background: Bachelor's degree in management, human development, international relations or other relevant majors.
· Fluency in English, Arabic and Kurdish is a must.
· Three distinguished years of relevant management experience.
· Previous project management experience with NGO is an asset.
· Must have advanced knowledge and experience in proposal writing.
· Advanced levels of report writing skills.
· Experience of program development work and a mature understanding of poverty and development issues.
· Strong analytical thinking ability to present complex information to a wide range of people.
· Ability to work within a team and at an individual level.
· Excellent Communication and problem solving skills.
· Being able to travel within Kurdistan and if necessary outside of Kurdistan.
· Good organizational skills, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
· Spark imagination and creativity.
· Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time.
· Excellent computer skills (MS excel and data base).
How to Apply
Qualified Candidates should submit Cover Letters with their CVs attached electronically to email@example.com indicating the position they are applying for in the subject of the email with the following instructions.
Position Title, Duty Station, Full Name, Date of Submitting the Application (Month-Day-Year)
Example: Project Manager, Sulaimaniyah, Kazhal Muhammed Ali, 08-14-2018
Applications without proper subject line will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.