To address the education needs, will implement an Education in Emergencies (EiE) project in Duhok, Erbil and Sulaymaniyah Governorate.
The Project coordinator will lead the Education project implementation including a close and regular co-operation with the implementing local partner organization and the project team, with close support and coaching from the Child Youth in Emergency Sector Manager and close coordination with the Education Sub-cluster.
1. Coordination and Management
· Project activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation with the CYiE Sector Manager and with the local partner
· Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation and that all project activities are implemented according to the project quality benchmarks.
· PC will ensure the proper running of the project activities (from registration of beneficiaries to training needs identification, kit distribution, implementation of activities, awareness raising campaigns/activities and referral).
· Attend and represent WVI at the inter-agency coordination meetings (clusters and others) as agreed with the Operations and Sector Manger.
· Ensure liaison with other international and national NGOs, relevant local administration and institutions for coordination and cooperation in child protection and Education sector
· Exercise Management of budget expenditures for project activities as per WV standards.
· Keep abreast of all (potential) changes in the child protection and education sector and ensure communication on this to the Sector Manager.
· To regularly update on project’s progress and to timely inform about issues related to the project and propose solutions to further implementation.
· Coordinate in the field all Child protection and Education related activities with Education stakeholders
· Participate regularly in the cluster meeting
· Communicate effectively WV’s identity, mission, vision, values and our approach to work in ways that are contextually appropriate and clear
· Strengthen the relationships between field stakeholders and beneficiaries
· Draft the monthly and quarterly project reviews/ Detailed Implementation Plans and follow-up of key actions with the close support of the CYiE Manager
· Lead meaningful child participation at the community level
· Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats at the community level.
2. Staff management
· Ensure effective and efficient management of the project national staff.
· Provide regular support to staff and guide them on their difference role and responsibilities.
· Perform support to staff for Performance Objectives development and staff appraisal every 6 months, promote staff capacity building by identifying support needs and report the suggestions to the Project Manager
· Keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment.
3. Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
· Prepare weekly and monthly reports
· Prepare the first draft of the quarterly and annual progress reports (financial and operational) as per donor requirements.
· Keep and file records and correspondences related to the project
· Coordinate with the Communications department at the National Office for story coverage at the project level.
· Monitor expenditures and budgets and track activity expenses; ensure that appropriate action is taken in a timely fashion
· Provide monthly data for the population of the ITT
· Monitor the implementation and progress of the project(s) according to approved objectives, and indicators by working closely with the Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation unit and the CYiE manager
4. Project Filing
· Ensure project sector documentation is up to date and audit compliant.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Bachelor’s degree on project management. Professional training on education in emergency and early childhood development will be accepted in lieu of any other academic qualification.
Minimum 3 years of work experience with children (teaching, nursery, social work, etc)
At least one-year experience in project management working with international organizations.
Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
2 years of experience in an INGO
Experiences in budget revision and finical report review
Fluent in English, Arabic and/or Kurdish (speaking and writing).
Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package
Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
Ability to work in a challenging situation
Ability to cope and work under pressure
Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team
Familiar with sector minimum standards and guidelines such as Minimum Standards for EiE and Child Protection in Humanitarian context, on psychosocial first aid and on resilience/life skills
Full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
Self-disciplined with good time management skills full adherence to World Vision Child Protection, Code of Conduct and Conflict of Interest policies.
The ability to produce clear and well organized documents.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.