In your role, you are responsible for the technical, substantive, and organizational implementation of a project’s measures and activities. In consultation with your line manager, you also assume tasks related to planning, steering, and monitoring the project, including project administration tasks in some cases. You are also responsible for providing specialist support to colleagues in bands 2 and 3, and ensuring the quality of the commission’s outcomes. In addition, you contribute to the conceptual design of the project, in particular its modification or realignment.
You make technical and substantive contributions to overarching issues in cooperation with commissioning parties/clients, partners, and other actors and thereby support the achievement of the agreed objectives of the respective project and provide the impetus for further strategy development.
In coordination with the country director and your line manager, you also use your contacts for the acquisition of contracts on behalf of the company.
In consultation with your team colleagues and line manager, you also coordinate all issues within your area of work and ensure that they are dealt with promptly and competently. You resolve problems that arise in your area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules anddraw attention to more complex challenges in your team.
In consultation with your line manager, under your role, you may assume management responsibility for staff members in band 1, with due regard for P+R and GIZ’s applicable HR policies, instruments, and procedures.
You are involved in ongoing process development within your remit, are responsible for knowledge management, and prepare and share documentation. If required, you also support other experts in familiarizing themselves with and performing their tasks.
You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
Working closely with international consultants and Iraqi governmental partners on setting up policy development unit.
Developing ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures.
Formulating appropriate inputs for various project reports including annual reports to commissioning parties.
Conducting desk and field research, collecting and assessing data and information.
Conceptualizing activities, writing terms of references, minutes of meeting, reports & procurement documents, guiding analysis and assessments and reviewing texts.
Identifies relevant stakeholders (universities, researchers, think tanks, research institutions) in the field of economics/ politics/ development, with a focus on industrial policy.
Assessing the capabilities of (potential) partners and developing training based on these assessments.
The brief profile is not intended to provide a full and complete description.
Where appropriate and reasonable, the position holder is willing to perform tasks outside the scope of the job description.
Qualifications and specialist knowledge (optional, if required):
(Qualifications and specialist area):
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, finance, business, or engineering, preferably with a focus
- on industrial manufacturing, industrial policy, data analysis, and/or data management.
- A Master’s degree is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in the private or public sector, with tasks such as
- consulting, data analysis, and reporting.
- Experience with strategy development is an advantage.
- Studying or work experiences abroad is a strong advantage.
- Experience with industrial manufacturing and/or industrial policy is an advantage.
- Very good working knowledge of MS Office.
- Self-reliant, proactive, and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures
- are agreed with management.
- Diplomatic and social skills.
- Above-average Arabic and fluency in English are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Kurdish is a strong advantage, knowledge in German is beneficial.
This position is assigned to salary band
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PSD22-022)
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered