Job Title: Project Coordinator - Employment Promotion
Reports to: Head of Field of Action, Youth Capacity Development
Duty Station: Basra
The GIZ Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” (PSD) aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of young people and returning refugees in Iraq. As part of its approach to support youth employment promotion, the project implements the following field of actions: (1) Youth Capacity Development. The project addresses the mismatch between the skills supply and labour market demand by strengthening youth skills through vocational qualification and further training measures (including on the job training, internships). To ensure the sustainability of this intervention the project build the capacity of executing institutions and their training centres including the development and implementation of a concept for master trainers. (2) School-to-work Transition Service where the project works on improving the capacities of training institutions to carry out employment-oriented placement and career counseling measures for young people and returning refugees.
The PSD project is looking for a “Project Coordinator - Employment Promotion”, who has collected work and education experiences in the relevant fields. The duty station for this position is the GIZ-PSD Basra Office.
The position holder is responsible for:
- Adequate support to the project director and team leaders in project implementation matters, which includes planning, implementing, reporting, and monitoring & evaluation.
- The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the project director, module manager and team leader. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
- Adequate support of the team leader and the team in the design, coordination and implementation of activities for employment promotion
- Assisting the project to identify new beneficiaries and partners as well to maintain excellent work relations with existing ones.
- Supporting returnees related activities, that aims to improve their employability in selected labour markets, through skill development efforts such as vocational training as well as sustainable job placement measures, with full coordination with the Returnees Project Coordinator.
1. Research & development
The position holder will support in
- Conceptualizing, drafting ToRs, reports, procurement documents, guiding analysis and assessments, reviewing texts
- Conducting desk and field research, collecting and assessing data and information
The position holder supports
- Development of capacity development concepts for youth and the executing institutions and their training centers.
- Designing, conceptualizing and realization of measures for youth skill and capacity development measures and training programs, youth enabling, job creation and counselling and mentoring for youth employment
- Implementation and monitoring of activities along the project cycle and assist the team and the team leader in all respective matters.
- Organizing, contributing and supervising different events like workshops, missions, webinars, virtual conferences, etc.
- Compiles relevant data for the project impact monitoring and contributes to progress reporting on his/her scope of work.
3. Communication, knowledge sharing, networking and initiating cooperation
The position holder will operate and contribute to
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; carries out PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
- Identify, develop and establish contacts with local resource persons, experts and knowledge holders and influencers and integrating them
- Coordinating with his/her colleagues in Baghdad and other regions on daily basis
- Formulates appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Develops ready-to-use strategies and technical concepts, including guidelines, manuals and procedures
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary, e.g. she/he
- Supports the project with translation duties and any additional tasks if deemed necessary.
- Contributes to the development of communication material and presentation supports.
- Taking minutes of meetings
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Education: University degree (Bachelor / Master) in a relevant field (e.g. economics, business development, innovation management, institutional building, etc.).
- A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant professional experience. Work for an international company or development organization is an advantage.
- Experience in the wider field of employment promotion, youth skills development.
- Experience in stakeholder management (government, NGOs).
- Strong organisational skills with attention to details and deadlines regarding effective implementation, planning, monitoring and evaluation of a project activities
- Management experience of contractors is an advantage
- Working experience in one or more relevant fields of nonformal education and learning; job-oriented training systems, professional development, capacity development for entrepreneurship, youth enabling, counselling and mentoring for youth employment
- Fluent written and oral knowledge of English and either Arabic or Kurdish; working knowledge of both languages and / or of German is an asset
- Diplomatic approaches and cultural sensibility are a prerequisite
- Self-reliant, proactive and responsible personality; willingness to assume additional responsibilities and develop new activities.
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative
- Microsoft Office software literacy
- Ability and willingness to travel within Iraq including to Norther Region and abroad for limited periods. Any other tasks
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BS-PSD21-75) Project Coordinator - Employment Promotion
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.