On behalf of BMZ and the EU, the GIZ Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” (PSD) aims to improve the economic and social perspectives of young people and returning refugees in Iraq.
The GIZ Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” (PSD) aims to support the private sector in Iraq and to improve the economic and social perspectives of young people and returning refugees in the country.
As part of its approach to foster private sector company growth, the project implements activities on business integrity, supporting key structures such as the Iraqi Federal Commission of Integrity and Commission of Integrity in KRI, with the delivery of training measures on corruption prevention.
The project is looking for a technical project staff to support the design and implementation of activities to strengthen the personnel and institutional capacities of state institutions to fight corruption and create transparency in the private sector.
The duty station for the “Project Coordinator – Business Integrity” is the GIZ Erbil Office.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
- Managing her/his area of work according to the project’s objectives and indicators (joint objectives and indicators of BMZ and EU) as well as agreements with the line
- The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan related strengthening of personnel and institutional capacities of state institutions in the field of anti-corruption in coordination with the project director, module manager and line manager
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project area
- Cooperating with other stakeholders such as international organizations or ministries
- Processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- Maintaining of a good flow of communication and information with a special focus will be on coordination with existing GIZ measures and connected international donors.
- The advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Project planning and implementation
- Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities in the field of work
- Assists national and international advisers in carrying out their work
- Oversees the development, review and timely submission of project-related materials, including regular reports that measure and evaluate project results to be used for reporting towards BMZ and the EU.
- Helps identify the needs of the partner institution for preparing, implementing, and
- documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project
- To accompany international consultants in meetings with actors from the private and public sector and provide minutes of those meetings
- Helps identify and maintain the needs of partner organizations and reflect this in the design of activities and planning of interventions
2. Communication and networking
- Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- Ensures knowledge management collects, processes, and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact, and dialogue with partners; carries out PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
3. Knowledge management
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Assists with research activities and studies on the area of work
4. Other duties/additional tasks
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
- Supports the project with translation duties and any additional tasks if deemed necessary.
- Contributes to the development of communication material and presentation supports.
- Taking minutes of meetings
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Education: University degree (Bachelor) in an area of study related to international development, political science, international relations, public policy, law, or another related field
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience in a position for an international development agency, NGO, public agency or similar
- Technical knowledge about the field of anti-corruption would be an asset
- Relevant occupational experience as a business development role, or business development services trainer/coordinator role
- Experience conducting desk and field research of a similar nature as required by the assignment
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
- Work experience in international development cooperation organisations is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of IT technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Above average Kurdish and fluency in English are mandatory (written and spoken).
- Arabic is a strong advantage, knowledge in German is beneficial.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and
links will not be accepted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.