On behalf of BMZ and the EU, the GIZ Project “Private Sector Development and Employment Promotion in Iraq” (PSD) aims to improve the economic and social perspectives
of young people and returning refugees in Iraq. As part of its approach to foster private sector company growth, the project implements a field of action on SME development and business development services. Business associations and chambers of commerce and industry in the 5 project regions are assisted to develop a service portfolio benefitting SME member companies, providing them with market-based advisory services in areas such as business planning, market access, access- to-finance measures or understanding and complying with relevant regulations for doing business. A specific attention is given to providing access to advisory services for women- led companies or female entrepreneurs.
The project is looking for a technical project staff to support the design and implementation of activities to support MSME development through partnerships with stakeholders such as the chamber of commerce.
The technical project staff is responsible for
- Managing his/her area of work according to the project’s objectives and indicators of commissioning parties (BMZ, EU) as well as agreements with the superior.
- Assisting with the delivery of advisory services related to the work area
- Supporting the superior with the design, implementation and knowledge management of activities related MSME development and business development services
- Implementing daily operational aspects of all issues related to the project area
- Cooperating with other stakeholders such as ministries, chambers of commerce, business associations and civil society organisations.
- Processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- Maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
The technical project staff performs the following tasks:
1. Project planning and implementation
The technical adviser
- Coordinates and assists in preparing and conducting project activities in the field of work
- Assists national and international advisers in carrying out their work
- Oversees the development, review and timely submission of project-related materials, including regular reports that measure and evaluate project results for commissioning parties (BMZ, EU)
- Assists the project with all organisational issues
- Helps identify and maintain the needs of partner organizations and reflect this in the design of activities and planning of interventions is jointly responsible with the partner stakeholders for preparing, implementing, and documenting training events, workshops, forums, team meetings and other project activities
2. Communication and networking
The technical adviser
- Develops and maintains contact with all important stakeholders
- Provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- Ensures knowledge management collects, processes, and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
3. Knowledge management
The technical adviser
- Draws up reports and presentation documents
- Prepares appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office including input for yearly reports to commissioning parties (BMZ, EU), and
- Assists with research activities and studies on the area of work
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The advisor / technical project staff
- Performs other duties and tasks at the request of management
C. Required qualifications, competences, and experience
- Graduate degree in an area of study related to international development, business administration, international relations, or another related field
- At least 3 years’ professional experience in as a business development role, SME development role, or business development services trainer/coordinator role
- At least 1 year of professional experience for an international development agency, NGO, public agency or similar
- Technical knowledge about private sector development would be a strong asset
- Experience in the design and organization of project activities (mandatory)
- Experience with the design and organization of training measures would be an asset
- Very good written and oral communication skills, political awareness, and ability to interact with partners in ministries and state agencies
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Good working knowledge of ICT and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Strong managerial and organisational competence
- Strong knowledge of English and Kurdish is required
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered