Title: Project Coordinator
Reports to: Programme manager and/or component manager
Duty Station: Baghdad
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the strong (youth) protests in 2019 has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes budget management reforms, public revenue generation, a stronger commitment to combating money laundering and terrorist financing, and a strengthening of the financial sector. The project aims to support the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these four areas.
Iraq has so far generated most of its revenues from the oil sector. The 'domestic revenue mobilization' component aims at strengthening the public administration institutions (Ministry of Finance and downstream institutions) to increase revenues outside the oil sector.
A. Field of Activity
The government formed in Iraq in the wake of the has defined comprehensive reform measures to embark on an inclusive development path based on stable and accountable institutions and increasingly driven by the private sector. This includes public financial management and tax reforms. GIZ is supporting the Government of Iraq in its reforms in these areas and is looking for a Project Coordinator to support implementation in various fields of activity.
The professional advisor performs the following tasks:
1. Coordinating project implementation with partner institution(s)
The project coordinator
- Assists and monitors the development and implementation of project/programme plans and activities in close consultation with GIZ technical staff and counterparts.
- Deals with the design, preparation and implementation of workshops, seminars and other events on issues connected with the project/programme’s area of activity
- Develops and organises quality assurance measures and suggests necessary changes, improvements and initiatives
- Takes meeting minutes and prepares reports
- Coordinates on a daily basis with counterparts in various governmental offices and communicates project updates and plans as well as inquires on counterpart’s needs.
2. Networking and cooperation
- supports cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners, assists with PR work and cooperates with local communities, relevant organisations, non- governmental agencies and individuals in the project/programme environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
3. Knowledge management
- ensures knowledge transfer to project/programme information. Communicates governmental partners’ messages and demands to technical staff and program management in a concise and structured manner.
- draws up reports and presentation documents
- prepares appropriate input for various project/programme reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
4. Coordination tasks
- assists with general project planning and develops project concepts including preparation, organisation and moderation of planning exercises and their implementation, management, monitoring, quality management, evaluation, communication and documentation
- coordinates relevant project activities at local level in consultation with the manager and in cooperation with the partners, both as regards implementation and preparing organisational aspects
- compiles the relevant information for joint activities and assignments
- handles order management on behalf of GIZ (e.g. offer preparation, impact monitoring, project progress review, reporting)
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Proven experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and reporting
- Experience in working with government institutions and/or NGOs
- At least 5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience working with Donors is a plus
Other knowledge, additional competences
- very good working knowledge of ITC technologies (related software, phone, fax, email, the internet) and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- fluent written and oral knowledge Arabic and a working knowledge of German or English
- willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures are agreed with management
Requirements for application:
• The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-FFM22-020) Project Coordinator
• Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
• CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
• Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered