Job Title: Project Coordinator – Baghdad
Reports to: Head of Field of Action, SME Development and Business Development Services
Duty Station: Baghdad
The Private Sector Development & Employment Promotion (PSD) Project in Iraq is a multi- donor action commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union (EU) and implemented by the Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH. The PSD Project supports the creation of employment prospects in the private sector for young Iraqis, especially women and returnees, following an integrated approach that combines labour market-driven skills development and job placement measures as well as entrepreneurship development, and advisory services for MSMEs.
The project is looking for a technical project staff to support the design and implementation of activities to support MSME development through partnerships with stakeholders such as the chamber of commerce. The duty station for this position is in Baghdad.
The position holder is responsible for:
- Adequate support to the project director and team leaders in project implementation matters, which includes planning, implementing, reporting, and monitoring & evaluation.
- The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan related MSME development and business development services in coordination with the project director, module manager and team leader. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
- Cooperating with other stakeholders such as ministries, chambers of commerce, business associations and civil society organisations.
- Assisting with the delivery of advisory services related to the work area
- Processing technical aspects and further developing the area of responsibility in accordance with the specified quality standards
- Maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
- Support employment promotion and returnees’ activities implemented by other teams in Baghdad.
1. Project planning and implementation
The position holder will support in
- Designing, conceptualizing and realization of measures for MSME development and business development services.
- The implementation and monitoring of activities along the project cycle and assist the team and the team leader in all respective matters.
- Organizing, contributing, documenting and supervising different events like workshops, missions, webinars, virtual conferences, etc.
- To accompany international consultants in meetings with actors from the private and public sector and provide minutes of those meetings
- Oversees the development, review and timely submission of project-related materials, including regular reports that measure and evaluate project results
- Helps identify and maintain the needs of partner organizations and reflect this in the design of activities and planning of interventions
2. Communication and Networking
The position holder will operate and contribute to:
- Identifying, developing and maintaining contact with all stakeholders
- provides technical assistance to local and international experts
- ensures knowledge management collects, processes and distributes relevant information, monitors communication and interaction between government institutions, NGOs and society through analyses of the media, direct dialogue, participation in meetings and seminars etc.
- Ensures cooperation, regular contact and dialogue with partners; carries out PR work and cooperates with relevant organisations and individuals in the project environment and with other projects to improve and maintain good working relationships
3. Knowledge Management
The position holder will support in
- Drawing up reports and presentation documents
- Preparing appropriate input for various project reports including annual reports, and contributes to the other reports required by the programme manager and GIZ Head Office
- Assisting with research activities and studies on the area of work
4. Other duties/additional tasks
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary, e.g. she/he
- Supports the project with translation duties and any additional tasks if deemed necessary.
- Contributes to the development of communication material and presentation supports.
- Taking minutes of meetings
C. Required qualifications, competences and experience
- Education: University degree (Bachelor / Master) in a relevant field (e.g. economics, business development, International affairs, etc.)
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant occupational experience as a business development role, SME development role, or business development services trainer/coordinator role.
- At least 1 year of professional experience for an international development agency, NGO, public agency or similar.
- Technical knowledge about private sector development would be a strong asset
- Experience conducting desk and field research of a similar nature as required by the assignment
- Being acquainted with administrative procedures in government and administrative offices is an advantage.
- Above average academic Arabic, and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken). German proficiency is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competences
- Tasks require constructive creative thinking, sometimes also conceptual initiative
- Microsoft Office software literacy
- Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Iraq including to Baghdad and abroad for limited periods.
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: (BGH-PSD21-146) “Project Coordinator – Baghdad”4
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered