Job Title: Project Coordinator – Business Climate Improvement – Private Sector
Reports to: Head of Business Climate Improvement
The GIZ “Private Sector Development Project” (PSD) supports the Government of Iraq to develop its private sector with the objective to create more job opportunities for young people. GIZ is a fully German Government owned organisation active in 130 countries with over 19.000 employees. More information about GIZ at www.giz.de. The duty station for the “Project Coordinator – Business Climate Improvement – Private Sector” is the GIZ Baghdad Office.
The position is in a motivated, dynamic, and highly professional team that is based in Baghdad. We welcome personalities with similar qualities and are looking for people who share a passion for the private sector, who like to create tangible results and are proactive in their approaches.
- Technical development and implementation of activates related to business climate improvement and civil society outreach, especially for the private sector.
- Cooperation with relevant government, and especially private sector organizations; also with civil society organizations on the topics business climate improvement and civil society outreach.
- Maintain close coordination with business associations relevant to the project.
- Facilitate twinning cooperation between Iraqi and German business associations.
- Close coordination and communication with colleagues within the PSD project.
- Conduct all activates in accordance with GIZ rules and regulations.
- Responsible for sound documentation of the activities, digital and physical.
- Taking meeting notes and drafting other relevant project documents.
3. Strategic Networking and Stakeholder management
The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
C. Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
- Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Political Sciences, Political Economics, or another relevant field.
- Work experience interacting with government offices.
- Work experience interacting with business associations such as chambers of commerce, sector associations, international chambers.
- Work experience in international development cooperation organisation is an advantage, especially stake holder management and implementation.
- Familiar with relevant policies and other government documents as well as current political developments.
- Native speaking or above average academic language proficiency of Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken), German language proficiency is an asset.
- Office software literacy
- Diplomatic skills and political sensitivity
- Experienced networker
- Ability to travel in Iraq for limited periods of time
- The Position name must be mentioned in the subject line of the email Project Coordinator – Business Climate Improvement – Private Sector
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered.