PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Project coordinator will lead overall project management to ensure goals, outcomes are met, and that the project is in line with the policies of WV and donor. Supervision and coordination of the project staffs on effective and efficient implementation as per the designed activities and principles of livelihood and protection. Reporting to the Zonal Manager; any programmatic and operational issues and will closely work and report to the technical advisors on implementation details, timeline and technical implementation procedures of all designed activities of the project .The Project Coordinator will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the project as per the mutually agreed technical and operational standards with the technical advisors and Zonal Manager respectively. The Project Coordinator will liaise with local stakeholders, seek necessary approvals, attend local cluster meetings, raise purchase requests, and oversee the project team.
Coordination and Management
- Ensure and lead the project activities implementation as per the project planning in co-operation and meaningful participation with the local authorities and partners(Churches, Faith Groups-includes other faith, local family-focused NGOs, Community leaders, social services)
- Ensure the project activities implementation as per the approved project plan in co-operation with the zonal Manager and technical advisor.
- Attend and represent WVI at the inter-agency and coordination meetings (clusters and others) as agreed with the Zonal Manger and technical advisor
- Ensure liaison with other international and national NGOs, relevant local administration and institutions for coordination and cooperation in (protection and livelihood) sectors
- Exercise Management of budget expenditures and prepare the required financial supportive documents for project activities as per WV and donor standards.
- Keep abreast of all changes in the operational context that could affect the planned activity implementation and immediately communicate to the Zonal Manager and respective technical advisor.
- Ensure to conduct monthly and quarterly project reviews and submit detailed implementation plan and follow-up actions to the zonal Manager and technical advisor.
- Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential protection threats at the community level.
- Liaising with the finance department to revise budget and spending projections for the project and track project progress, project expenditure against approved budget, anticipate any deviations and recommend and take action on relevant and required adjustments
- Elucidate World Vision core values, vision, mission for staff and implementing partners/ stakeholders.
- Ensure effective and efficient management of the project staffs.
- Provide regular support to staff and guide them on their difference role and responsibilities.
- Guide and support project staffs to develop performance agreement and appraisal every 6 months as well as identify staff capacity building plan to the Zonal Manager
- Ensure to keep a positive, flexible and dynamic work environment
- Provide and coordinate with Zonal manager and technical advisor for training and orientations to project staffs to ensure quality implementation and performance
Reporting and Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E)
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports (financial and operational) as per donor requirements.
- Perform monitoring for all project activities to ensure proper implementation and that all project activities are implemented according to the project quality benchmarks.
- Coordinate with the Communications department at the National Office for story coverage at the project level.
- Provide monthly data for the reached beneficiary as per the established ITT
- Monitor the implementation and progress of the project(s) according to approved objectives, and indicators by working closely with the Design, Monitoring, and Evaluation unit and the technical advisors.
- Ensure that the project accountability mechanisms are in place for community and stakeholders feedback on project as well as semi-annuals are reviewed with communities based on the concept of Community Based monitoring and evaluation.
- Ensure project documentation is up to date and audit compliant
- Keep and file all documentation records and correspondences related to the project
- Develop project files to maintain uniformed file specifications and high quality documentation requirements that meet audit standards
- Develop a database for all program files concerning information, photos, documents and file content for all required documents in coordination with the partners ,program and finance to enable easy viewing of project files contents by activities and by topic
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree on social science (social work, psychology, sociology etc.). Professional training on education in emergency and early childhood development will be accepted in lieu of any other academic qualification.
- Minimum 3 years of work experience in projects focused with children , youth and faith leaders
- At least one-year experience in project management working in Ninewa.
- Management experience (especially managing the diverse team of staff/ volunteers)
- 2 years of experience in an INGO
- Fluent in English and Arabic (speaking and writing).
- Computer literate mainly in Microsoft Office package.
- Previous exposure and ability to work in diverse contexts including a deep knowledge of youth, churches, faith traditions, and organizations working in related fields
- Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity
- Excellent interpersonal/relational, communication, and negotiation skills
- Proven high-quality skills in designing and conducting research and report writing
- High quality skills in communication and presentation of materials.
- Exposure to grassroots child development work.
- Well-organized, self-motivated, solution oriented, independent and ability to work in a team
- Experience in Community Mobilization activities
- Work experience with budget management and procurement procedures
Complete Travel and/or Work Environment statements if applicable.
World Vision is an equal-opportunity employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce and welcomes and supports all employees to achieve the maximum extent of their potential. Female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted