The position holder is responsible for:
The implementation of the project’s activities in its Field of Action (FoA) 5 – “Employment- Focused Small and Medium-sized Enterprise (SME) Promotion” in coordination with and as support to the international field of action head.
In its FoA 5 the project aims to support companies improving their performance with the creation of job opportunities for young people as an objective. Furthermore, skilled young people will be supported in attempts on self-employment. Support and advice will be facilitated through business associations and service providers.
The responsibilities include support to technical planning efforts especially with local, practical, and academic knowledge. Planning and implementation of appropriate monitoring and evaluation measures (M&E). The coordination and quality control of consultants and contracted researchers. This position is part of a team of staff members working on similar issues.
In this context, the position holder fulfils the following tasks:
1. Implementation The position holder supports the implementation of the project’s operational plan in coordination with the international field of action head. This may include the full responsibility for certain activities according to the standard project cycle.
2. Planning & Monitoring The position holder provides local, practical, and academic knowledge to the project planning process. Especially stakeholder identification and mapping activities and local research efforts. Furthermore, the position is responsible for results assessment according to GIZ standard M&E schemes with the preparation of reports and public relation material
3. Coordination and Stakeholder Management The position holder serves as liaison officer and activity coordinator to political partners, national organisations, and beneficiaries. This includes representing the project and its activities, built-up and care for relationships, identification of potential cooperation partners, and being the contact person for administrative and political office holders to the project.
4. Other duties/additional tasks The position holder will support the project with any additional task if necessary.
Required qualifications, competencies and experience Qualifications
• Academic degree in relevant fields such as (but not exclusively) in social sciences, business, economics.
• Ideally 3 years of experience in the field of SME and Self-Employment promotion measures such as business planning, business associations, market access etc.
• Work experience in the private sector is an advantage.
• Proven work experience in international development cooperation organisations is an advantage.
• Above average academic Arabic and fluent English language proficiencies are mandatory (written and spoken).
• Management experience of small teams or contractors is an advantage.
Other knowledge, additional competencies
• Office Software literacy
• German language skills are an advantage
• Team player, proactive and responsible personality, innovative and flexible.
• Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods