Project Coordination & Administration
Expert for Project Coordination & Administration – KfW Antenna Erbil
KfW Development Bank
KfW is one of the world’s leading promotional banks. As an integral part of KfW Group, KfW Development Bank carries out Germany`s Financial Cooperation with developing and emerging countries on behalf of the Federal Government. The 600 staff at its head office in Frankfurt, Germany and about 200 specialists in more than 65 local offices worldwide cooperate with partners all over the world. Our top priorities are to improve people’s prospects for a better life, to protect the environment and to combat climate change.
KfW Office Iraq
The KfW Office Iraq has been established in 2019 with its main representative office in Baghdad and a representative antenna in Erbil. The KfW Office is a small, dynamic set-up actively supporting KfW’s interests and the German Government’s development cooperation in Iraq.
The KfW representative antenna in Erbil is looking for an Expert for Project Coordination & Administration (f/m) in a full-time position
Based in Erbil, our project coordinator is responsible for the smooth day-to-day running of our antenna in Erbil and providing support for our projects and programs in the governance sector (and potentially in other sectors as well). Your role will include:
- support and advise the Governance sector team at HQ in Frankfurt/Germany and the Country Director of KfW Office Iraq in the preparation and financing of respective projects and programs;
- monitor and report on relevant developments in the governance sector and initiatives of other donors;
- prepare assessments and analysis related to peace and conflict aspects;
- attend donor and partner related meetings in close coordination with the Country Director of KfW Office Iraq and the Governance sector team;
- explore and identify new project/program financing opportunities based on a do-no-harm-approach and new partnerships in the governance sector as well as additional sectors;
- undertake project coordination tasks in the sector in close coordination with the respective sector team/s at KfW HQ and the Country Director;
- monitor projects and programs under implementation and undertake regular site visits to the projects all over Iraq;
- contribute to project financing proposals, progress and monitoring reports, in close cooperation with the responsible sector team/s at KfW HQ;
- support other local KfW colleagues in their work, if and when required.
- standard secretarial services focus on secretarial tasks and logistics in close coordination with the Office Manager at the KfW Baghdad Office;
- preparation of workshops and meetings and organization of PR events and receptions, including translation, as requested;
- filing of documents and maintenance of up-to date files;
- support to missions from Baghdad and from KfW HQ including logistical arrangements;
- establish regular contact to relevant KRG institutions and liaise on matters pertinent to project implementation (in close coordination with the Country Director);
- assist with the preparation and update of PR materials on projects and KfW’s work in Iraq;
- screen news/media sources and compile relevant press overviews for the Country Director and KfW colleagues.
- A team-player with strong interpersonal-skills and happy to be part of a friendly small team
- Polite, helpful, solution-oriented and with a positive disposition
- Prepared to work hard and understand when it is important to put in the extra mile
- Self-motivated, self-organised and open to new topics with a liking to learn
- Flexible and ready to think outside the box
- Prepared to take over responsibility and able to work independently, if needed.
- Master level degree in governance, political/social sciences, economics or related fields;
- Fluency in English, Kurdish and Arabic (speaking/writing);
- German language is not required but would be an asset, wanting to learn German would be a plus;
- A minimum of 3 to 5 (but preferably more) years of significant working experience with either the Government of Iraq, bi- or multilateral agencies, donors, international institutions or a large international NGO;
- Profound understanding of the governance sector and stabilization topics in Iraq;
- Demonstrated understanding of international development cooperation, strategies and projects (incl. gender mainstreaming and gender-related challenges, do-no-harm approaches, peace-and conflict assessments);
- Computer literacy incl. Microsoft Word and Excel, accounting software, and an affinity to database management and other systems that could increase the efficiency of our current systems;
- Proven ability to build and manage successful relationships and to establish a business network;
- Experience in the coordination of complex projects, especially infrastructure projects in Iraq would be an additional asset;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, intercultural competence;
- Willingness to work in teams and pro-active work attitude.
To learn more about KfW Development Bank please visit our website www.kfw- entwicklungsbank.de
Requirements for application:
- The reference number and position must be mentioned in the subject line of the email, Ref: Project Coordination & Administration
- Subject line of the application should clearly indicate the vacancy applied for.
- CVs and motivations letters that are in the form of IMG, pictures, screen-shots and links will not be accepted.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Applications passed the expiration date of the advertisement will not be considered