Position: Project Construction Manager
Line Manager: Head of Project Management and Engineering
Location: Sarta and Qara Dagh Fields and Erbil in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI).
Genel Energy Summary
Genel Energy is an independent Anglo-Turkish Exploration and Production (E&P) company listed on the London Stock Exchange. Headquartered in London with offices in Turkey, the Kurdistan Region of Iraq (KRI), Morocco and Somaliland, Genel Energy is one of the largest London-listed independent oil producers and is the largest reserve resource holder in KRI.
Genel Energy is steadily growing its business through the appraisal and development of assets in KRI and through acquisitions, building a high-impact exploration portfolio within the Middle East and Africa while expanding its Kurdistan footprint.
The Project Construction Manager position is KRI based on a residential or 6/2 rotation (depending on KRI residential status), with responsibility for leading and managing the Project Construction works being carried out by the In-Country Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contractors, and any In-Country support being provided by the Engineering Services Master Service Agreement (MSA) Contractor(s). The Project Construction Manager will be Genel Energy’s In- Country Project Construction Representative and will be Genel Energy’s Construction focal point for all In-Country Construction / Execution works for the Sarta and Qara Dagh Fields.
For further information about our company, please refer to www.genelenergy.com.
• Provide overall leadership and management of all greenfield and, where necessary, brownfield fabrication and construction activities on all Genel Energy projects in Kurdistan.
• Provide expert fabrication and construction input to plans, schedules and strategies, and other Genel Management System documentation as required.
• Ensure safety, quality and schedule of all fabrication and construction works.
• Ensure implementation of Safety Standards
• Assure implementation of QA/QC Program by the Construction Contractor(s).
• Provide Construction input into Project Tender documentation.
• Provide Construction support for Tender evaluations.
• Provide input and support in Constructability Reviews during FEED and Detailed Engineering works.
• Support Risk Assessment, QA/QC, HSE, Project Planning, Cost Control, Budgeting, Contract Administration, Project Reporting and Management of Change, as relevant for the Construction activities.
• Coordinate the execution of multidisciplinary construction activities and manage activities assigned to Contractors / Subcontractors, providing the guidelines for the execution of the works, and monitoring the adequacy of manpower and equipment for the construction activities.
• Ensure sound, cost effective technical decisions and timely execution.
• Develop and review Project Risks particularly related to Construction.
• Support the Genel Energy Operations Team(s) as necessary.
• Support the development of Locals by ensuring that KRI Nationals receive the proper job training and development to realise their full potential and talent and to maximise their contribution to project success.
• Any other tasks as directed by the Line Manager
Skills and Qualification
• Must have suitable qualifications (Degree, Diploma, Certificates etc.) in a relevant discipline, from a recognised learning institution for the position.
• A minimum of 20 years’ experience in Project / Construction Management in a multi Contract Project Environment.
• Extensive experience at a Senior Management level of onshore projects within the Oil and Gas industry, ideally in an environment where there has been exposure to international oil and gas industry codes, practices, and standards.
• Experience of working in Iraq.
• Experienced in project management, preparation of scopes of work for tenders, technical bid evaluations, project risk assessment, contracts coordination and management.
• Experienced in supporting the development of project execution strategies / plans and construction / project management processes, budgeting, and cost control.
• Oil and Gas Operator experience along with Construction Contractor experience is a plus.
• Experience of working with high levels of H2S and CO2 and a good understanding of the specific design, construction and operational considerations associated with toxic gases and asphyxiants.
• Sensitivity working with different cultures and diverse backgrounds.
• Skilled in management and leadership, team building, effective communication, conflict resolution and presentations.
• Good leadership and communication skills.
• Must be fluent in spoken and written English.
• Pragmatic proactive self-starter who can work independently and in a team environment with minimal supervision.
• Must have a driving license.
• Able to pass background, physical and drug screening.
• Able to work in KRI on a residential or on a 6/2 rotation, depending on KRI residential status.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with co-workers.
• Worked on projects with a CAPEX valve of $10 Million to $2 Billion.
• Cultural Fit – Align with Genel Energy Values of Integrity, Ingenuity, Accountability, Collaboration, and Respect.
• Focus on Results - Able to plan and organise work to achieve goals; achieves targeted results with minimal supervision; is accountable for own actions.
• Communications - Possess excellent verbal and written communications skills; Provides timely, well-organised oral and written information that is audience appropriate; listens attentively to others and retains and processes information.
• Teamwork - Builds alliances, partnerships, and collaboration with others, including those from different cultures and backgrounds; deals tactfully with others; helps with various team roles.
• Initiative and Innovation - Generates new ideas personally and encourages the team to do the same; stays up to date on technology and approaches to work; provides creative solutions and input when faced with challenges.
• Interpersonal Relationships - Builds effective relationships with internal and external customers (employees and contractors / suppliers); ability to work independently and coordinate work with others; resolves conflicts in a professional manner.
• Quality and Safety - Adheres to all safety and security policies and regulations; demonstrates quality work that is accurate, thorough, and efficient.
• Continuous Improvement - Examines personal and organisational processes, promotes opportunities for improvement, analyses successes and failures to learn and improve.
Please submit your application by email to (firstname.lastname@example.org) before October 30, 2021. (Kindly mention Position: Project Construction Manager in the subject of your E-mail)