In your role you perform the specified commercial, organisational and administrative tasks correctly and on schedule in collaboration and consultation with your line manager, in accordance with the project/programme objective and with due regard for legal, contractual and internal requirements and procedures.
In this context, you organise all types of events that are planned in the project/programme, in accordance with GIZ’s rules and regulations, and are the contact person for all internal and external actors.
You are responsible for managing and updating the required files and data for your work area. You compile these files and data for evaluations, files and statistics, in line with requirements, and observe the quality assurance standards that apply for documents.
You cooperate constructively with all internal and external stakeholders in your area of responsibility and help work on the issues and tasks that arise in the project/programme. You ensure that information flows correctly, refer matters to other units as required and ensure that all processes run smoothly.
In response to enquiries, you provide general information within your specialist area based on established processes and with due regard for compliance rules. You also provide information and advice on internal workflows.
You provide support for knowledge management and ongoing process development in your area of responsibility. You also prepare and share documentation.
You perform the tasks assigned to you by your line manager, where required.
The project assistant supports the cluster coordinator and the office of the cluster coordinator by performing the following main tasks:
- Under the direct supervision of the cluster coordinator, the position holder supports the implementation of cluster activities in accordance with the work plan.
- Prepare administrative documents for cluster processes such as the procurement of goods and services in close coordination and communication with the relevant units in the cluster and the country office.
- Scanning and copying documents, and maintaining proper filing and documentation of the various cluster-related documents using GIZ Documents Management System (DMS) and other physical archiving systems.
- Management of the cluster coordinator’s calendar, scheduling of appointments on a cluster level, setting up meetings and appointments as requested in close communication and coordination with the cluster management and cluster projects.
- The position holder is responsible for the logistic arrangements of cluster meetings and workshops. This task includes booking venues, ensuring that IT equipment for virtual meetings is
- properly set up, preparing and compilation of meeting agendas and background materials, preparing participant lists, and recording meeting minutes.
- The position holder also supports with the translation of documents and interpretation during meetings when necessary.
- Supporting the cluster staff with travel arrangements such as booking of flights, accommodation, transportation and travel reimbursement.
- Upon request from the line manager, the position holder acts as the cluster focal point to communicate with the cluster’s stakeholders including cluster projects, country office units, and external entities.
- Compiling and consolidating information on a cluster level such as preparing inputs, summaries, and graphs for reports and presentations for cluster activities.
The brief profile is not intended to provide a full and complete description.
Qualifications and specialist knowledge (optional, if required)
(Qualifications and specialist area)
- A minimum of 2 years experience in project administration or office management. Experience with an international organization in the relevant field is a strong asset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or a similar field.
- Experience in managing conflicting priorities and working under tight deadlines.
- Fluent Arabic and English are mandatory (written and spoken). Knowledge of German is an advantage.
- Literacy in using MS office package, especially Outlook, MS teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel in Iraq and abroad for limited periods of time.
- Strong business communication skills
This position is assigned to salary band 2